The big frickin Valve SUPRISE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ i didn't mean like poof gone. i meant like more and more devs are going to be making games either really well for consoles, or exclusively. Pc gaming will be around for a long time, but console gaming is going to be getting pretty big. I should probably just except it and try to get on the wagon.

^ i didn't like poof gone. i meant like more and more devs are going to be making games either really well for consoles, or exclusively. Pc gaming will be around for a long time, but console gaming is going to be getting pretty big. I should probably just except it and try to get on the wagon.
console gaming getting bigger doesn't mean PC gaming will get replaced.
The whole point of what Valve is doing now is for cross-platforming, so ideally you can have the same games on all systems.
But which system people choose is still up to them. In fact it will matter less.

I think it really comes down to this: console gaming is generally less expensive and less capable. PC gaming is generally more expensive and more capable.
If valve succeeds in making games cross-platform on all systems, it will basically mean the choice of games is a factor that won't exist in terms of the systems people choose, unless the capability of the system affects gameplay for particular games (lol Crysis).

I don't know what is with some of you guys. I think cross-platform gaming is a much better surprise than a duke nukem game. If they do it right, it will be amazing.

After looking into it more. No cross platform gaming. "Steam Support" includes patching and Steam Cloud and only on the PS3. Fails even more then I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom