Best TV for gaming?

I gotta say, I do love the debates for 30fps vs 24fps, and 30fps vs 60 fps.

Like PP said, what is the model?

It honestly sounds like you need to adjust the settings/color to make it work. AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews is absolutely fantastic for looking up your make and model and seeing what settings people have used to get the best results.

Its also really good for looking up TVs you're considering to buy

This is sound advice. My friend got a really nice TV a few years ago and it looked God awful when he tried to game on it. Same issues you are having. He called the manufacturer and they were able to help him some and then he used the site Rider posted to make some tweaks and it looked great.

How can black be too black? Having a real black matters most lol.

Borst can tell you all about this :lol:

lol thanks for the inputs..
For some reasons my tv is in fact broken, do you have some good models in mind ? :p

do you have some good models in mind ? :p

This is a very hard question to answer, and the research should be on your end.

My best recommendation is do some tv shopping online or in-stores and if you think you found a tv that you like and is within your budget then use the avs forum to look it up and see what others who actually own the tv are saying about it.

Asking us will most likely generate a very opinion based answer of the tv sets that we own, and will mostly likely not be what you need.

lol thanks for the inputs..
For some reasons my tv is in fact broken, do you have some good models in mind ? :p

Samsung seems to be the general "this is a good tv" I didnt want to spend that much and instead got a Vizio which I love and has been working fantastic. it all boiled down to what you want to spend but any of the big names will generally be good

Are you going to use the TV only for gaming? Many TVs now a days have features like 120hz/240hz (like Samsungs CMR, or Sonys TruMotion) which is a built in software that takes any input video and interpolates frames to make a lot smoother motion.

If you're not 100% only gaming then you might want these features so you get a better viewing experience when just watching TV/netflix.

But because the 120hz/240hz adds existing frames into the input video it drastically increases the response time (which is bad). If you plan on using the TV only for gaming then you don't want 120hz/240hz at all. In fact, most TVs have a "game mode" or something alike which disables all of those post processing effects. When you do buy a TV I highly recommend setting whatever input you're using for your gaming console to Game Mode so you get the best gaming experience.

Amazon.com: Samsung UN50J6300 50-Inch 1080p Smart LED TV (2015 Model): Electronics

Heres a Samsung smart TV modestly priced at 750.. 50 inch, 120hz CMR, 1080p, built in wifi, 4 HDMI ports.. Good luck!

Last edited:
750 bucks and only 1080p? **** that, mine is 48", 4k and I know for a fact works perfect with games lol it only cost me 800. It's a matter of what TV he really wants then Google the hell out of it.

Yeah and it might be a good time to buy a tv because football season is starting so people will be looking for deals so I bet there's some out there

Back
Top Bottom