Best MMORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guild Wars looks awesome, as soon as i get that new AGP DFI board, i hope to get it. I just know very little about the game though. Looks great, i hear great things.

Well, hopefully this will help.

http://www.onlyfreemmorpgs.com/

This site lists quite a few of free MMORPG games. If I were to make a suggestion, I would say go with Rubies of Eventide. I am playing it right now and its a blast. Guild wars is just blah. Its more of an action game, has a low level limit and everyone does the same quests. Not really an MMORPG by todays standards.

I also feel that Runescape is a very good free game. There is about a $5 per month membership if you wish to play the game with nearly weekly updates and the membership version is much larger with many more quests. The free version itself, though not as massive as the members' version, is still able to keep you busy for a long time if you like this sort of game. The free version almost acts as a place where you can start to learn things and level your character up in fighting, magic, mining, smithing, fishing, and several more skills and then upgrade your account to a member and access even more skills and quests.

The free version quests suck *** but it is still a fun game. There is a wide area where you can fight with other players and plenty of NPCs to fight as well. The game's graphics aren't bad for a free game and if you scroll to the bottom of the page and view 'Runescape Classic' (what the game looked like before the 3D update) you'll be surprised at how far the game has come. Also, I should mention that this game runs surprisingly well. I can't begin to express how crappy my old computer is, yet the game runs just fine on it with very little lag. Downloading the game and updates when they come out don't take very long and after downloaded it takes just a few seconds for the game to load every time you log on to play.

Counter-Strike said:
A good MMORPG is RuneScape. Fun once you get the hang of it, then gets boring as hell, because it takes hours to lvl up. I got to lvl 90 then said screw it.

Same here. Great free game, but be careful as some people's lives revolve around that game........Quite a bit more than a few people have been playing that game solid for years.........I like how its an open browser game so you can play it on any computer easily that has java without installing anything. Ideal for school and work! Yay 200th post.

Free.... I'd say Dungeon Siege 2 or Guild Wars

I think he means completely free, as in don't have to even make a one-off purchase. and is dungeon siege an MMO? In-fact Guild Wars isn't even an MMO-proper, since everywhere outside an outpost is instanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom