Best batteries while on the go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim00049

Beta member
Hi. I was wondering which batteries are best while traveling. I've read that alkalines are supposed to last much longer than those cheap heavy duty ones. I don't know all that much about these kind of things but I don't want the batteries to die while in the middle of a gaming session in the back of a car in the middle of nowhere. You get what you pay for when it comes to these kind of things don't you? I've used those cheap heavy duty ones in the past and they don't seem to last long at all.

I suggest buying some rechargeable batteries, and the charger. You can get a charger for AC or 12v (car). You could have several charging while using the others. However, this may be a larger initial investment, but at least it's not an expense.

Works for me.

Dave :D

doesn't it take all day to recharge them though?? i'd say go with the alkaline. it's what i use. never had a problem and they last for a long enough time

krafty

kraftykuts said:
doesn't it take all day to recharge them though??
That depends on the size of the batteries and the charger. And if you have a couple of sets of batteries, you would be using one set while the others charged.

I bought a charger just for AA size batteries and the rechargable batteries. The initial charge was around 12 hours. After that, the charges were around 2 or 3 hours (AC) and 6 to 8 hours (12v).

Dave :D

hmmmm, i was under the impression it took 1-2 days to recharge 4 batteries. and you put all 4 in the case and then plug them in. seems too long. but 2-3 hours is doable

thanks
krafty

Yeah, I don't think I can be bothered using rechargable batteries while on the go, I'd end up spending the whole time recharging the batteries. I just meant the best batteries you can pick up at the store real quick. I think alkalines are still the best for this are they not?

In your circumstance I would go with the alkaline. Whatever you do, stay away from heavy duty batteries. There is nothing heavy duty about it. I think they give them that name to scam people out of their money. Alkaline will out do heavy duty batteries in every aspect. Stick with alkaline and you will never go wrong.

Energizer, who can resist the drum playing bunny :)
But really at the topic, Alkaline are the best IMO, i use them in my mouse, i replace about every month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom