Battlefield 5

steve10765

Daemon Poster
So it looks like Battlefield 5 will be different from DICE's latest titles, I don't mind the idea of the next Battlefield being set in World War I. Some single player details have hinted the story as being set in Japan, further supporting the idea that Battlefield 5 will be in the WWI era. Honestly though I feel like it would be nice to take a step back, so many games are set in the future that It's somewhat tiring playing all of these shooters. I'm sure there will be less weapons and gadgets, but that's more than welcomed for me anyway. Don't get me wrong I do like complex shooters like BF4, you know what I'm saying. For me my favorite BF is Bad Company two:p Can't go prone, but can completely destroy stuff! They've said they're bringing more destruction in the next game, but they always say that, one can hope though.

What do you guys think?!?
And who has BF 1943 on PS3:)eek:)? That's a good, fun little(?) game. Lets play.

Dice lost me on BF4- server issues, lag, cheating/aimbots, etc. - Too bad because I did enjoy Bad Company, So I will approach with a "well see" attitude.

There's been so many "modern" or "future" FPS's because WW2 era got played out to death by the likes of CoD, MoH, BF, etc. There were tons and tons of WW2 era shooters, then they transferred to more modern day, and then future. I guess we're just going full circle now and will be back to old-style shooters again for a while.

Dice lost me on BF4- server issues, lag, cheating/aimbots, etc. - Too bad because I did enjoy Bad Company, So I will approach with a "well see" attitude.

After Battlefield 3 I was in the same boat as you, there is a simple solution though... Wait a month, let them fix any major bugs, then buy the game during black Friday for HALF OFF!:cool: I paid $30 for BF4, and $30 for GTA5(2 months after release)
I like Bf4, but glad I didn't pay $60 for it.

I don't really spend lots of money on games, my three biggest purchases since 2013(when both those games came out, WOW that was awhile ago.) were only BF5, GTA, and Arma 3 ($30 early backer). If it wasn't for the sales I wouldn't have gotten GTA.

There's been so many "modern" or "future" FPS's because WW2 era got played out to death by the likes of CoD, MoH, BF, etc. There were tons and tons of WW2 era shooters, then they transferred to more modern day, and then future. I guess we're just going full circle now and will be back to old-style shooters again for a while.

I don't think there have been many WWI games and probably for a reason. Less popular, less sophisticated? I don't know.

Last edited:
After Battlefield 3 I was in the same boat as you, there is a simple solution though... Wait a month, let them fix any major bugs, then buy the game during black Friday for HALF OFF!:cool: I paid $30 for BF4, and $30 for GTA5(2 months after release)
Took them a year to fix BF4.

I don't think there have been many WWI games and probably for a reason. Less popular, less sophisticated? I don't know.

Cuz killin' Nazis is always fun I guess :p.

I am a Battlefield devotee but am waiting to see something concrete before I begin to consider it. I skipped Hardline as it looks like a cops & robbers DLC for BF4, and the same can be said about Battlefront.

I don't really spend lots of money on games, my three biggest purchases since 2013(when both those games came out, WOW that was awhile ago.) were only BF5, GTA, and Arma 3 ($30 early backer). If it wasn't for the sales I wouldn't have gotten GTA.

Took them a year to fix BF4.

Cuz killin' Nazis is always fun I guess :p.
It took them until the end of last year to fix the REAL problem which was tickrate which helped the netcode and hitbox situation a ton. The only problem is I was extremely bored with it already, and they even included my favorite map.

I am a Battlefield devotee but am waiting to see something concrete before I begin to consider it. I skipped Hardline as it looks like a cops & robbers DLC for BF4, and the same can be said about Battlefront.
Battlefront although may seem similar is a different play style. Definitely not Battlefield like.

Back
Top Bottom