Battlefield 4

Concur on the single-player campaign - BF3's campaign was an unmitigated disaster. Crib from Bad Company or BC2 - those had entertaining stories and the MP was still great.

Furthermore, BF4 needs to include jet flying tutorials from take-off through landing, and the same goes for helis.

^
This

I didn't have a problem flying the jets, but it was stupid to have to unlock things like missles and flares. Do you know how hard it is to kill enough enemies using just the gun to unlock anything useful? I was lucky to get one kill a game.

I am looking forward to BF4... but I wish they would wait on the release. Either way I will pre-order it.

I play BF almost exclusively, and I play on PC. HUGE maps are great for vehicles, but they also mix in smaller (not as huge) maps for infantry.
Love the mix of vehicle/infantry. End Game is probably my favorite DLC so far. Dirtbikes are super fun for CTF.

Spawn camping is really bad in conquest, once all the flags are captured, you would be lucky to get out of your spawn. They should spawn flip or random spawn... like they did in close quarters, which IMO is still the best DLC for BF3
If you're on a team with semi-decent players, or ones that work together, you can get out of that situation easily. Make use of the vehicles to get out. It was a lot worse in BC2 IMO.

I didn't have a problem flying the jets, but it was stupid to have to unlock things like missles and flares. Do you know how hard it is to kill enough enemies using just the gun to unlock anything useful? I was lucky to get one kill a game.

I didn't start flying jets until End Game came out with Air Superiority. Didn't have anything unlocked... unlocked everything in about 5 games or so, even though I had no kills. I just went for flags over and over, and racked up the points and unlocked stuff quickly, as well as got better hang of the controls for the jet. Since I played Ace Combat a lot back on PS2, I was used to the controls for that game, and got it setup similar to those for BF3, and now I can fly with no problems. Go in an empty or unranked server and practice jets; that's what I did right before End Game came out to get familiar with the controls a bit more.

sorry i hated the spawn camping and the bugs this game had, shouldnt be a yearly release thats for sure but i had fun with it, but you needed to hav 45 minutes per match and that was a turn off for me too, traded bf3 in pretty quick

sorry i hated the spawn camping and the bugs this game had, shouldnt be a yearly release thats for sure but i had fun with it, but you needed to hav 45 minutes per match and that was a turn off for me too, traded bf3 in pretty quick

It's not a yearly release. It's been 2 years since BF3 came out.

Dunno what games you were playing that took 45 minutes, but the normal 100% conquest ticket matches I played usually only took an average of 20 minutes.

Your team has to be pretty horrible to get spawn trapped. Unfortunately horrible teams are common. Having said that, I don't think spawn trapping is that big of an issue. Or just stop playing Metro. The TDM spawns are annoying because you go from spawning "randomly" in a zone to getting zone flipped and there is really no way to know when or why this is happening. Flying isn't so bed either, but flying well is another matter entirely.

The BF4 trailer was pretty meh to me. I have a pretty good idea why they showed what they showed, but it didn't move the needle for me at all.

Your team has to be pretty horrible to get spawn trapped. Unfortunately horrible teams are common. Having said that, I don't think spawn trapping is that big of an issue. Or just stop playing Metro. The TDM spawns are annoying because you go from spawning "randomly" in a zone to getting zone flipped and there is really no way to know when or why this is happening. Flying isn't so bed either, but flying well is another matter entirely.

The BF4 trailer was pretty meh to me. I have a pretty good idea why they showed what they showed, but it didn't move the needle for me at all.

The map I've always had the most trouble with spawn trapping on is the one with the tunnel. Can't remember the name of it because I haven't played BF3 in months. Still, if you get pushed completely out of the tunnel and they take the last flag at the end that isn't the quarry, you're pretty much screwed.

The map I've always had the most trouble with spawn trapping on is the one with the tunnel. Can't remember the name of it because I haven't played BF3 in months. Still, if you get pushed completely out of the tunnel and they take the last flag at the end that isn't the quarry, you're pretty much screwed.

Sounds like Damavand Peak.

Back
Top Bottom