Battlefield 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drizzt5 said:
I hope its for XP also, i dont want to upgrade to vista now or in january...
Wouldn't that be DOWNgrading?

Until I absolutely have to, I won't be going to Vista. There are still too many things (hardware, programs) that won't work with it. Had M$ said up front that this would be radically different and that nothing would be compatible program-wise, I would have been fine with it. but they didn't, and it still acts like it. besides, I like to be in control of what is going on on my computer... I don't need it to second guess me.

As far as BF2, vista will run it fine, the expansions are another isue; BF3 is news to me, considering EA history, it will work in xp and vista, it will have bugs to go share though.

Wouldn't that be DOWNgrading?

Until I absolutely have to, I won't be going to Vista. There are still too many things (hardware, programs) that won't work with it. Had M$ said up front that this would be radically different and that nothing would be compatible program-wise, I would have been fine with it. but they didn't, and it still acts like it. besides, I like to be in control of what is going on on my computer... I don't need it to second guess me.

Some would say yes, it is downgrading. I dont have too much experience with vista but i did use it on my friends laptop more then a few times and i do like the search feature on the start menu. But i prefer xp... and i hate how microsoft trys to force vista onto us.

Before I got Vista I was UBBER against it. Ubber ubber ubber, I hated it.

But I've been using it for the past few months now, and it's really not that bad, when it's working ha.

I have had to re install it a couple of times. But for me it runs really smooth, plays all my games that I played on XP (BF2, Quake 4, Source, HL, Doom 3, etc). It's feels fast, it boots up pretty fast, DX10 looks amazing. It has nice transparent windows.

But if you have a computer similar to mine, that's newer and is medium-higher end, it's going to run just fine for you.

Hows it considered downgrading?

sounds pretty cool so far. I have 10 legal copies of vista premium lying around, i guess i will install one of them eventually and sell the rest. But for now, XP.

Yes....they are legal retail vista premiums. I have 10 ATM. i am keeping 2 and selling 8 as a bundle on ebay. If i dont get the amount i want i will definitely get to you bout it.

lol of course....if i did sell it to you it would only be about 20$ shipped, considering i picked it up for 15$. I will hopefully let you know by monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom