Battlefield 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
While the article says the game won't launch until the end of next year, gamers might get a crack at a possible public beta in the summer. However, the leaked info suggests the game will only be released for Windows Vista PCs and the Mac's OS X, with Windows XP users left out in the cold. An announcement for the game--along with a teaser trailer--are pegged by the article as coming in January.

Source

A guy posted about this in my BF2 clan's forums. Sorta vague at this point, but I will be keeping an eye on it.

according digital battle

A tipster sent us PDF document which looked like an outline of features for Battlefield 3. The three page document is apparently prepared for investors which should get it by December of this year. It details basic features of BF3, and are as listed:

Release in late 2008
Powered by “Frostbite DX”
Set in year modern day (just like BF2, ed.)
Will ship with 8 maps, each supporting up to 40-players per team
Two playable factions, NATO and MEC (Middle Eastern Coalition)
Same “ticket-based” gameplay style as before
Maps are mostly urban, based in Middle East
Squads and Commanders are present, introduced are “Battalions” which consist of three to four squads.
Five playable classes; Sniper, Assault, Engineer, Medic and Support
Will feature 48 different vehicles (24 for each faction)
Will feature 34 different weapons (17 for each faction) and another 22 unlocks (for both factions), in total 56 different weapons.
Other unlocks include different types of ammunition, body armor, helmets, camouflage and accessories.
Possible public beta in “Summer 2008″
Online stats tracking, awards and “real world ranks”
“Soldier” feature, looks like MMO-styled characters and avatars
Ranked servers will be available for resellers weeks before the game ships (for testing, apparently, ed.)
In-game replay and recording feature
VoIP, friends list, in-game IM-client and “extensive clan support”
Built-in auto software updater (no more patches!, ed.)
Widows Vista and OS X (no XP?!, ed.)

Announcement and teaser trailer in January 2008.
A map is mentioned by name, called “Baghdad Burning”, and appears to be a massive urban map, similar to BF2's very popular “Strike at Karkand”. The game is powered by “Frotbite DX”, currently the Frostbite engine is used in Battlefiled: Bad Company on PS3 and Xbox 360. The “DX” could refer to DirectX (10?), a PC version of the Frostbite engine.
Please note that none of this is confirmed, we've emailed a few people from EA and DICE (Battlefield developers) and will update the article as soon as we know more. Also note that we cannot, for obvious (legal) reasons, release the PDF document. Stay tuned for more info.

information send or posted into digital battle can be trusted

It would suck to be Vista only, though. Vista will have to pull some major improvements out of its anus before I go to it... even if it meant I couldn't play a new version of my fave game.

Hopefully it will be better than 2142...

Hmm.

I never played BF 2142, i didn't seem worth the money to me. However I'm a fan of BF2 and have been for a couple years.

BF3 sounds like it's just going to be an updated version of BF2 with some modications to it. Like that soldier features and DX10.

I wonder why they don't want to release a DX9 version? Would it really be that hard to do? I mean doesnt MacOSX use OpenGL? You'd think if they did it for that, they'd do DX9 as well.

Well, with Service Pack 1 for Vista out in January, I'm sure their will be multiple improvments. We've also seen some hotfixes come out recently that have helped games.

I'm sure by the time that this game is released, people have upgraded to Vista for DX10. I mean if the teaser trailer isnt out until January, and a Beta probably won't get released until next summer, I'm sure multiple gamers will find games that wil make them want to get Vista for DX10. Maybe that's their reasoning behind DX10 only?

64 on Karky is loads of fun. Mega frag spam, pushes up the ridge or around the right to try to cross the river. Kark, as well as Jalalaland, can be controlled by the MEC easily if there are squads who work together to lay down focussed fire. And that is where TS comes in... ;)

Yes! I just hope it won't need Vista cause BF2 doesn't run smoothly on XP...

It runs smoothly on Vista and XP for me...

Nade spamming in Karkand makes me want to punch my monitor. Argh, it's so annoying.

*spawn* *blow up* *spawn* *blow up* *spawn* *teamkilled* *revive* *blow up*

Grrrrrrrr!

Crazed runs , smoothly on mine too , but the community is whining and i do believe its the crappy game engine that EA made, take example from Crytek/Valve EA >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom