Backwards compatability on the Next Gen Consoles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Are the next generation consoles (Nintendo Revolution, Playstation 3, X-Box 360) backward compatable.

And with the case of the Playstation 3, will this backward compatability extend to PSx games too?

ps3 is fully backwards compatible- with psx too. a rep for the xbox 360 said something like they didnt want to talk about it, which is a good indication that it wont be backwards compatible. I dont know about the revolution though.

I heard a rumor that XBox 360 will only be compatible with "certain games". I think this means they will only program the XBox 360 to read the most popular games from the original XBox, such as Halo. Not sure how true this is, or if it even makes sense, but this is simply what I heard.

Revolution is backwards compatible. This is from Nintentdo's Website:

http://www.nintendo.com/newsarticle?articleid=02ea1a40-ac09-4cdf-9548-91e5a4e78746&page=other

"Backward compatibility: The new console plays all games from the current Nintendo GameCube generation. But there's moreÂ…

The secret weapon: The console also will have downloadable access to 20 years of fan-favorite titles originally released for Nintendo 64, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) and even the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES).

Easy expansion: A bay for an SD memory card will let players expand the internal flash memory.

Two disc formats, one slot: Instead of a tray, a single, innovative, self-loading media bay will play both 12-centimeter optical discs used for the new system as well as Nintendo GameCube discs. Owners will have the option of equipping a small, self-contained attachment to play movies and other DVD content"

The Revolution is looking really appealing, im looking forward to it.

nah the x360 will be backward compatible with best selling games.. they recently bought licensing to emulate nvidia code (from previous xbox) to run on custom ati (x360).. how many 'best selling' games i dont know but at least some

I doubt it. I am sure the system will be launched with a few ROMS, but they got to make money some how. They will probley have some monthly fee.

i read somewhere that every rom would be free to show appreciation to the fans or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom