Assassin's Creed III

xIx EDGE xIx

Fully Optimized
The original AC3 thread on the next page was closed for whatever reason so here's the new discussion thread.

I'll start it off by letting everyone know that Ubisoft has announced a DLC season pass for 2400 MS points / $29.99; it includes two multiplayer DLC's with maps & characters, as well as three single player DLC's that tie together into an alternate reality "what if" scenario.

The DLC storyline called, "Stop King Washington" changes history and tells the story of crazed, power hungry George Washington that has declared himself King of America.

Source:

Assassin?s Creed 3 Season Pass Gets Detailed, Features Evil George Washington - Softpedia

DLC promo picture:

Stop King Washington in Assassin's Creed 3 DLC - Assassin?s Creed 3 Season Pass Gets Detailed, Features Evil George Washington - Softpedia

I'll get AC:III, but it's not a day-one purchase for me. I'll wait until Black Friday or the holidays to snag it at 1/2 price.

I'm set on game purchases for the rest of the year but I do plan on getting that AC collection sometime next year. By the time I'm done with that AC3 should be cheap.

Yeah, I am way to back logged. The price of these games usual drop faster than slay pants at a bath house.

Don't mean to necro an old thread but I just finished AC3 so I might as well post it here. Overall, I enjoyed the game, but the entire time I kept thinking myself that Connor's story was pretty much Star Wars in the late 1700's. Maybe it's not "exactly" per say, but there are some glaring similarties. Details below:

SPOLIERS AHEAD (just in case)

• Start out as Haytham (Anakin Skywalker)
  • Does a bunch of "good deeds" by freeing Native American captives (Anakin's heroics during the Clone Wars)
  • Develops a relationship with a female captive he saved, goes off in secret, and knocks her up. (Anakin/Padme's secret relationship)
  • The game acts as if he's the good guy, but then takes a sudden plot twist and it's revealed that he is actually a templar, and his "good deed" actions were simply to find a way into the vault (Anakin/Darth Vader plot twist)
  • Connor (Luke) is born. He runs into the woods to play with his friends, however, when he comes back, he finds his village burning (Lars Homstead burning on Tatooine)
  • Connor then meets Juno through the apple, and she tells him to "follow the symbol" if he wants to help his people. The symbol is the assassin's logo, and Connor ends up at the doorstep of Achillies Davenport's manor (Obi-Wan/Yoda)
  • Achilles teaches Connor the ways of the assassins (the force) and explains why he must fight the templars (the dark side). He also reinforces the fact that Connor must kill his father (Luke confronting Vader)
  • Meanwhile, the American Revolution is taking place, which more or less equivaltes to the Rebel Alliance vs the Galactic Empire in the patriots wanting to be free from the tyrany of the crown
  • Later, we learn that while Haytham is the "grand master of the templars", Charles Lee (Palpatine) is the one who seems to be pulling the strings behind the scenes
  • Connor meets Haytham, and is convinced that it may be possible for peace between the assassin's and templars (Luke seeing the good in Vader). This happens on several occaisons, one of them being on what seems to be Achillies death bed (very similar to Luke's conversation with Yoda on his death bed)
  • Connor sets out to hunt down Lee. He is then ambushed by Haytham and enters into a duel (Luke/Vader duel at the end of Jedi)
  • Connor makes one last attempt to convince Haytham of the error of his ways, but is forced to kill to him (Ok, Luke never killed Vader, but that's because he refused to kill him. Connor killed Haytham as a last resort, not because he wanted to.)
  • Connor then sets out and assassinates Lee. Shortly after that, the Treaty of Paris is signed and the British retreat; America is free (Emprie crumbles, Rebel Alliance is free)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom