Assassin's Creed 3 (no spoilers)

I want to play AC3. The thought of it taking place in the American Revolution grabs my interest. unfortunately, I haven't even played AC2. While AC2 seems a lot better and improved than AC1, I just lost all interest.

The thought of needing to play through AC2, AC:Brotherhood and AC:Revelation JUST to play AC3 and understand everything... it kind of puts me off or overwhelms me.

Oh well, maybe in a few years =/

The sad part is that it really is necessary to play AC2, ACB and ACR to know what's going on. Without playing those games, the underlying plot is bewildering and incomprehensible. To a certain extent, you need to play the original title as well.

The deeper into AC3 I get, the more I hate the controls. The simplified jumping and climbing scheme which is supposed to result in LESS off-target jumps, etc.? I fell out of the same tree, SEVERAL times because the targeting couldn't distinguish between the branch in front of me and open air on either side. These controls are as bad as the original Assassin's Creed. While the old scheme may have been somewhat complicated, at least it worked from AC2 on. This control scheme is just a disastrous mess.

The sad part is that it really is necessary to play AC2, ACB and ACR to know what's going on. Without playing those games, the underlying plot is bewildering and incomprehensible. To a certain extent, you need to play the original title as well.

The deeper into AC3 I get, the more I hate the controls. The simplified jumping and climbing scheme which is supposed to result in LESS off-target jumps, etc.? I fell out of the same tree, SEVERAL times because the targeting couldn't distinguish between the branch in front of me and open air on either side. These controls are as bad as the original Assassin's Creed. While the old scheme may have been somewhat complicated, at least it worked from AC2 on. This control scheme is just a disastrous mess.

I would not say "sad part". They are all great games. They got better and better as it went, save for Revelations. It was a good game, just was not a big improvement over the others and not a fan of the map. I still really enjoyed it, and have played them all a few times over.

I would not say "sad part". They are all great games. They got better and better as it went, save for Revelations. It was a good game, just was not a big improvement over the others and not a fan of the map. I still really enjoyed it, and have played them all a few times over.

The point I was responding to was about someone who wanted to play AC3, but didn't finish AC2 or play the two titles that followed it. In order to have even the foggiest idea of what's going on in AC3, people need to have played and finished all of the games leading up to it.

The point was not whether they are good games, merely that the time commitment involved in preparing to play AC3 and understand the plot is significant for someone who has not played the other titles in the series, but is interested in AC3 for the setting.

Back
Top Bottom