Aside from games.. which is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a Xbox fan and in terms of brands I prefer Sony over Microsoft. (Don't get me wrong 360 has a lot to offer right now but "it does not attract attention of me".)
But whats the points in getting HD-DVD player for the 360 I mean are DVD not really good for you ? besides feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but the HD-DVD player is "new" and there are not lots of HD-DVD movies right now compared to standard DVDs format.

HD-DVD and Bluray are new things on the market right now why the rush in "adopting" one of those new technology, in a year or a little more those formats will be falling rapidly in prices.

Thats my opinion you are free to do what you really think should be the best option for you ;). As for me I'm not interested in a format that is far from being the standard in the industry when that times come you can be sure that I will own whatever is the "new" or should I said best standard around ;)

If you are interested in buying a console buy the 360 now is the best option PS3 doesn't have good games besides Resistance: Fall of Man and is ridiculous spending $600 for a piece of hardware that in a year or two will be as low as around $299.

Or you can do what I will be doing: " I will buy a PS3 when the price is $299 and the PS3 slim version comes out ( and believe me its coming out)

I don't think you can really say a year from now the PS3s are going to come down in price. Their's no way Sony will have made enough profit in one year to do so.

Can you cite your source?

Sony will not lower the price of the PS3. Just think of prices shaight up. Blu-Ray player - 1k
60GB HD - about 50-100 dollars depending
So right there your have over 1k of stuff without adding hardware, controllers etc. It has been stating that sony loses about 200-300 dollars per purchased console. They hope to make it up with accessory and game sales. So especially without many games for it that are that great, they are hurting constantly. Sony as a company has gone down hill, don't get me wrong, I own sony speakers, sony car stereo. I loved ps and ps2. But there hasn't been much that PS3 can do that X360 can do, if not better. Search google, theres a few sites that compare like ports between ps3 and x360. With 360 being their choices for all of them.

TheOtis said:
I don't think you can really say a year from now the PS3s are going to come down in price. Their's no way Sony will have made enough profit in one year to do so.

Can you cite your source?

Maybe I can't "cite" my source because its my opinion really.

But just think about it if a company is struggling and they aren't selling like they should. whats the first thing that they should do??

Drop price of course.
I'm not saying that this is happening to Sony right now but just giving you an example of what could happen. If something is certain is that the world change and price drop sooner or later occurs.

If the ghost of technology past has taught us anything - prices will drop sooner or later.

But if 360's drop in price as well as the PS3 - I guess the quandary will still exist.

:rolleyes:

BTW - IMO, As much as I'd like to see it, I doubt there will ever be an "industry standard" in gaming - there is way to much money to be made in the competitive market.

PC vs Mac
AMD vs Intel
Nvidia vs Radeon
PS vs XBox

People want freedom of choice, no one wants a monopoly. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom