ARK

For those that have it, how is the performance? Heard bad things.

I'm waiting for it to either leave Early Access or get further into development. My wife and I got burned by The Stomping Land, so we're more careful about that stuff now.

That was the only early access game I've ever gotten, and it was quite the burn. As this is coming out on consoles, they have to finish it. It sounds like they bring out patches pretty often. I think it is pretty safe. I'll probably pick it up in the middle of July.

For those that have it, how is the performance? Heard bad things.

This is another reason I'm waiting on picking it up - for it to be optimized more. Since it's still early on in development, I don't see them doing any optimization any time real soon. Usually that's near the end of development after you get all the major functionality fleshed out.

Well on my system I run it maxed and have no issues and it's smooth, I also have it on my old system which I have at my house until I finish moving but played it some with that running a GTX470 and on max settings it was very tough to play but turning down most to med it actually got smooth and wasn't even that bad graphically, So it seemed to play well even on a older system I built in 2009. Finally made it to my friends and now we're getting Dino's trained, Two of them went on a hunt and now have a spinasourouse trained, But yes it's a huge time-suck lol but working 2nd shift there isn't a whole lot to do after work during the week.

Dauntae

Well on my system I run it maxed and have no issues and it's smooth, I also have it on my old system which I have at my house until I finish moving but played it some with that running a GTX470 and on max settings it was very tough to play but turning down most to med it actually got smooth and wasn't even that bad graphically, So it seemed to play well even on a older system I built in 2009. Finally made it to my friends and now we're getting Dino's trained, Two of them went on a hunt and now have a spinasourouse trained, But yes it's a huge time-suck lol but working 2nd shift there isn't a whole lot to do after work during the week.

Dauntae

Not sure how well it'd play on my wife's Mobile 5870; I assume it'd be at least somewhat decent on my 770m, but I'll still wait for some more optimization to be done I think. Would be nice if there was a demo or at least a benchmark util.

Dauntae

What time do you get out working second shift?

I usually get home about midnight eastern time, Lately I haven't been on much though because I've been working on my house after work but I'll be doing the final moving in next week, pM me your steam name and I'll add you to my friends list. On Steam I can't remember exactly what my user name is ATM or id give you mine.

Dauntae

I usually get home about midnight eastern time, Lately I haven't been on much though because I've been working on my house after work but I'll be doing the final moving in next week, pM me your steam name and I'll add you to my friends list. On Steam I can't remember exactly what my user name is ATM or id give you mine.

Dauntae

I think we have each other already. I haven't been playing multiplayer pc games much for awhile. Until a few months ago, I had gtx 285's and I wasn't able to run stuff. So far, all I've played on pc since the upgrade has been witcher 3. The reason I asked what time you got off was because, if you were off early enough, you could go out to the bars afterwards. It looks like you could, depending on where you live, if you are close to a big city.

Back
Top Bottom