Another PS3 or 360 thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millenniumtiger

In Runtime
ok. so here is the situation...I am a college student with no money right now. However, because my dad is a disabled vet from the gulf war and i am in college, I will be getting between $800-900 a month starting at the end of this month.

I was going to build a computer, but I won't have as much as I would like and starting the end of next month I have to start paying for stuff like car insurance and other crap. I actually am living with my grandparents until my parents move here (they want to get outta AZ) in novemberish...My family has a 360 and a Wii, but with only a laptop here to play old games on, I need something to game with....

I love both the wii and 360, but the wii is really a console for multiple people to be around to play with. Also, there is the PS3 which I have never even played, but loved the ps and ps2. I am wondering, should I go buy a $200 xbox and buy a couple games which would come out to around $300 or should I buy a PS3 and couple games? Also, how much would that cost? I have no idea with the PS3 stuff lol.

Are there that many games that are out there for PS3 that are good? I play some FPS, alot of sports games, realistic racing games (like Forza or gran turismo), and that's pretty much it.

Is there anything special with the PS3 as well? I know it has a blu-ray player, but is that worth it since right now, I don't have an HDTV until my parents move out here?

Thanks

If you don't have a HD TV there is no need for a blu-ray player. If you are getting a 360 get the $300, the $200 comes with a measly 512MB memory card which is enough for save games but if you ever want to download something then you wont have enough room most of the time.

The 360 is the King of shooters, and most sports games (If not all) are cross platform, and the 360 has a lot of good racing games like grid, test drive, forza, burnout paradise but you would not get grand turismo, but there still would be plenty of other racing games.

Well, I will have my HDTV when my parents finally move out here in nov/dec (yes, it is MY tv...couldn't bring it with me on the plane or i would have lol)

With the 360, I don't really need a hdd for it since the one that my family has keeps all the dl's. Which is really why im wondering if I should get the 360 when I will have the one my 3 lil bros and I got for xmas last year when the fam moves here.

What good racers are there now for PS3? I looked up GT5 and it said it may not be out till 2010 =/
Basically, I find it like this:

1)Get a cheap 360 to game on for now, but when the family comes here, then there are 2 of the same system.

2)Buy a PS3...There are some good exclusives (like I was a die hard MGS fan b4 the PS3)...will stretch my budget a bit more, but when the family moves here, we will have all 3 systems, and a blu-ray player.

Pro's of 360: Cheaper, all games I get will be able to be used on the other 360 my family has
Cons: Have two of the same system when family comes, Still no access to ps3 exclusive games.

Pro's of PS3: Exclusive games (although not many), Free online play, Blu-Ray, have all 3 systems when family moves
Cons:More money, lack of exclusive games....

The PS3 might cost a little more. But an 80 gig PS3 at 400$ is a pretty good deal. Go with the PS3 if you can afford it I guess. No point in having 2 of the same console.

If your family already has a 360, then why would you buy another one? Just get a PS3, blu-ray player, free Playstation Network (although not the greatest), and you can use it to surf the net.

i vote for the PS3 as well, and by the way, if you do indeed like racing games, PS3 also has GRID and Burnout. Its not like they are exclusive.

Hmmmm... well it depends on your needs for when you list "2 of the same console" as both a pro and con. If you plan on playing multiplayer via system link, or games that can have more than 4 players via system link, get the 360 so you have 2 and can play together. The Blu-Ray argument for PS3 is kind of moot, because in just a few short weeks there will be Netflix streaming to your Xbox 360, free online gameshows, much better party support and the all around greatest online experience to date.

The PS3 has integrated wireless and a slightly bigger hard drive, but if you just want something that games like you say, go with a 360. It truly is the best bang for your buck as well as the best console for the upcoming games.

Well, my money won't be in for about a week still, but I think im gunna go with the ps3...Mainly because of the fact that while having two of the same console may be beneficial when multiple people wanna play the same system, it just doesn't seem like enough to me lol.

Most games that are good will come out for both and since I don't pay for XBL online gaming service, the PS3 will allow me to play games online.

So I should be getting the PS3 and Madden 09 from gamestop within the next week or so depending on when my check gets in. Should I get the extra warranty? I see that PS3's are pretty reliable...

I'm not too worried about that since there's still over 2 years on the warranty for that. Also, it is the special Halo 3 edition (for my brothers) so if I'm right, that came out when they redesigned them slightly to try and resolve the issue (somewhat)

If it does break down in 2 years, then I'll go buy another one then lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom