Another "Dang, I'm Old" Moment: Tetris is 25 Years Old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Another "Dang, I'm Old" Moment: Tetris is 25 Years Old

Yesterday marked the 25th anniversary of Tetris. Many of us older readers will fondly remember the hours spent on our Nintendo Game Boy handheld, squeezing off "just one more level" of Tetris but the game actually was out 5 years before Nintendo made it ubiquitous. Great, now I have the Tetris song playing in my head.

Despite the record-breaking popularity of Mr Pajitnov's creation, the royalties from the game were claimed by the Kremlin rather than the Russian programmer. He finally began earning money from the game after he moved to the US and the rights reverted back to him in 1996.

Happy bday! ha. Now imma go play tetris so in 25 yrs ill go like "hey when tetris turned 25 i played it on its birthday!"

My goodness. I remember playing that game. Plus a many of the clones (PC, Console and handheld game) that followed.

I remember Tetris on the Game Boy.. You were considered "well-off" if you had one of those when they first came out... lol I remember when Nintendo 8bit first came out, the running mat too.. :D Blowing the cartridges off before you put them in, or the game would be all buggy.

So simple, yet so **** addictive. One of the best games for nintendo I ever got as a kid. That and Bubble Bobble.

Osiris, You think you feel old, I still remember rocking it to asteroids......:freak: then that rocking defender that actually had more than one color at a time on the screen LOL I still got that atari kicking around someplace too.

Dauntae

I still have an original Game Boy and an original copy of Tetris for same handheld/brick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom