AMD Fusion II on next-generation XBox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where you in Washington getting training on it? Didnt think so.

Yea, they want to move Kinect now. Telling people its not going to be compatible in a short period of time makes people not want to buy it. If a 460 is going to give you absolutely the lowest FPS by next year in games would you want to buy it? No. Seriously come on.

All it is, is practically a webcam that you plug in so the Xbox can detect your motions with a built in mic. Its USB, and so therefor can be programmed to work in a future console.

And you were?

Imo the reps are doing the same thing they always do, tell the customer s what they want to hear in order to make a sale. There is no way that they are kept in the loop on the development of a new product that they won't be seeing any time soon.

kinect will go the way of the eye toy on the ps2. the eye toy on ps2 was compatible with the ps3 for a good while, and i think it still is if you only use it as a camera. some of the games that supported playstation eye can also be used with the old eye toy. but lookign at things like play station move the eye toy is not compatible you need the play station eye. i can 100% tottaly see the kinect working o nthe next gen console. but just like the eye toy on ps2 to ps3 it wont last very long, will have limited support, and will be replaced by a less obsolete and newer option. also pp you are kind of getting a little aggressive, i dont want to get into it or anything but you quoted one of my posts as if i was asking a question when really i was making a statement. guys keep the arguing down there is no sense in it. for the people trying to compare the kinect to just a console controller it is mroe then that. the kinect is a 150$ peice of hardware. Right off the bad it would not be logical for Microsoft to not support kinect on a new console. if they wanted to make maximum amount of money wich they do, they will tell people it will be compatible on the next console even if they haven't announced it yet. most gamers know a new xbox has to be coming soon the system is old and dated, so when making the decision on if you should purchase it people will ask questions like will it be compatible on the next xbox. Even if they havent planned it or announced it yet it is in there favor to say yes it will it will sell more units. But like i mentioned it will probably have limited support in its capabilities and will be replaced by a new unit. KINECT IS NOTHING NEW. we saw it on the ps2 with the eye toy. like i have already mentioned kinect is most likely to follow in its foot steps. I can even see it getting its own motion controllers for it just like the play station move. Because like it or not the controller free scheme is good and all, but for practicality of most games people want a controller, also the controller would most likely help track motion in a more 3 dimensional way just like the current offering by sony. Kinect is simply an over priced stepping stone, i see it as an in between of what we have now and what there will be to come. It will most likely be compatible on the next hardware offering if it is to release with in 2 years of this date. more then 2 years Microsoft has no reason to do so. Microsoft doesnt get the nickname M$ for nothing, they are in it to make money, and by making kinect compatible with the next console while having plans to replace it is there best bet for maximum income. Microsoft employs hundreds of people to think of this stuff. so i have no doubt at all that PP's gf has been told by M$ to tell people it will be compatible.

I'd like to see this come out in 2011 or 2012. The 360 came out in '05, it's time for the next generation of consoles to be released.

Well we can pretty much be 99% certain 2011 isn't going to happen. I'll give 2012 a 20% chance if microsoft wants to be a year before the other guys again. The other two are only 4 years old. I'm betting on 2013 being the big console year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom