AMD Fusion II on next-generation XBox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this is expected. Intel and Nvidia both have problems being price competitive with AMD/ATI. They'll take less of a loss at first going this route.

So when are you guys expecting this? I'd say definitely 2012 or 2013, most likely 2013. 2012 seems kinda early since they just launched that kinect, and 2014 is waaaaaaaaaaayyyyy too late. I mean I suppose there is a chance of 2012 if they wanna be a year ahead of those other guys again. I'd say no way there is a ps4 in 2012.

I beleive the new hardware will be announced this E3 or Next with a year after release date. Either in June or November. So 2012 or 2013. The latter seems to be 2013 with the new models of the PS3 (white) and XBOX. They aren't going to kill after a year of production. I know that I won't wait 5 years this time to get the new consoles :p. (Just got my xbox January 2010 and PS3 June 2010). I never play to many games on them anymore but I will pick them up for reviewing and I collect consoles sorta (More into the retro, IE NES, Genesis, which I am down to just my NES again as my other consoles were stolen out of my old house when we moved).

I swear, the next console better be able to sit in an open media cabinet, with other equipment around it, and still stay cool, and I PRAY they use a slim drive this time, that would have freed up a LOT of space for air flow in the 360.

E3? Wasn't the 360 announced not at E3? Like MTV was the official unveiling in May, and they started promoting it at the end of march or something weird like that?

Xbox 360 launch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Regardless, they didn't wait a whole year after announcement to bust it out.

Even if it wasn't, I would expect that is where the next XBOX will be announced to stay competitive with Playstation and Nintendo. What kind of publicity is better then stealing the show at E3? But either way, I wouldn't expect anything on the shelf sooner then late 2012.

That's because of the hype, I am waiting for the games for it to fall through, and not work out as microsoft is planning on.

Don't get me wrong, but, if Kinect works out, we wont see a new console till 2013-2014, and as is, games already push the older 360's to there end.

They don't push the newer ones? I thought the difference was a smaller die on the cpu or something? GPU and ram which are the main limiting factors are the same, right?

there is no reason they cant have kinect completely compatible with the next console. its an addon. all they needs is to make it support it software wise, and have a plug for it to plug into. i would be suprised if this is what they did with kinect, and carried it on to there next console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom