AMD Fusion II on next-generation XBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Interesting, I didn't even know how far behind the consoles are in hardware compared to what's out for PC's now. Granted the consoles were released before some of what's out now but still.

I am praying for the day the new generation of consoles come out. NO! not because I want one; but because it will finally make developers produce games for beefier hardware, ie: the PC.

It's certainly possible if Microsoft wanted to move Xbox closer to the windows platform from a development standpoint. One of the Fusion processors would also be a nice ready made platform that wouldn't require as much work as coming up with something from scratch like they did with the 360.

There are also some rumors, albeit poorly supported ones, that the next xBox could be ARM based

Whats funny, is the Xbox is closer to a PC in almost all forms compared to other consoles yet it hasent been successfully emulated yet :laugh:

Whats funny, is the Xbox is closer to a PC in almost all forms compared to other consoles yet it hasent been successfully emulated yet :laugh:

If you mean the original xbox, yeah you would think it would be really easy to emulate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom