Aaahhhh! Counter-Strike: Source problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt08642

Daemon Poster
SAMEERROR.JPG

Story:

For the last 6 or so months, I was never able to play any Source games, because of that **** error.

I reformatted my HD recently, and reinstalled windows for a fresh start. HL2, CS:S, Zombie Mod, etc... all worked perfectly for 2 days, and all of a sudden I get the **** error again!

Computer specs:

Windows XP Media Center Edition
AMD Athlon64 3500+
200GB HD
BFG 7300 GS
1GB PC3200 DDR RAM
Integrated sound

All of my drivers are up top date, and so is DirectX.

EDIT: I did actually install IE7... I'll remove it and try again.

I cn see it fine, and that error is a video error. Either your graphics card is not 100% compatible with the game, or the drivers for your card aren't installed correctly. Check which cards the game supports, and if yours is supported, reinstall the drivers.

So I uninstalled Internet Explorer 7... and all my source games work fine now... ???

hahahahahaha, missed the most obvious problem! its microsoft! delete as much microsoft stuff as you can and suddenly things start working!
Seriously though, it might have been that IE7 was blocking something. If you've got time, you could try reinstalling ie7 and taking a look at its settings, coz many people seem to be having this problem and it'd be nice for it to be properly solved.

Since I have uninstalled IE7, I have like, 10 hours of game play logged, and no errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom