7 Reasons Why a District 9 Video Game Would Be Awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
Chances are good that you spent at least two hours of this weekend watching Neill Blomkamp's innovative, intense alien action film District 9. And if you're anything like us, you walked out of the theater thinking a few things: (a) that Neill Blomkamp should direct a Halo movie and (b) District 9 would make a kick-*** video game experience. It could be something along the lines of Halo meets Call of Duty, Resistance 2 meets inFamous. The film comes to us from the folks at Columbia Pictures, whose brethren, Sony Interactive, has some experience delivering some ****** gameplay, so it got us thinking that not only is District 9 about to become a recognizable brand name, but it has all of the essential elements for a great action video game.
With that in mind, we humbly present 7 Reasons Why a District 9 Game Would Be Awesome:

Source / More: 7 Reasons Why a District 9 Video Game Would Be Awesome - Film School Rejects

Nicely Done. I Couldn't agree more. Awesome Movie. Hopefully it will become a great game.

I was actually saying this to my gf while we were watching the movie. If properly done it would make a game equal to that of the Half-Life series.

Man was it a good movie.

I was actually saying this to my gf while we were watching the movie. If properly done it would make a game equal to that of the Half-Life series.

Man was it a good movie.

Megan and I walked out of the theater and both said, "I wonder when that will be a video game!"

It was a great movie. I didn't really expect much from District 9. I thought it would be ok. I was very surprised at how good it was. I want District 10 to be made for sure. No question...

For a D9 video game I'd like to see the story based on the arrival of the Ship. And the development through the 28 years the ship was on the earth, up until the movie takes over. That would be awesome. I think that story line alone would make the game popular.

Oh yeah no doubt there needs to be a District 10. He has to come back for Wikus!

I think for the story of the game it would have to have more hostility and violence than there was in the movie in the beginning. It would have to be more like the end of the movie but constant.

I need to go watch this movie. I've been very disappointed though when people have said a movie was great, and it wasn't that great (The Dark Knight...)

I need to go watch this movie. I've been very disappointed though when people have said a movie was great, and it wasn't that great (The Dark Knight...)

LOL, The Dark Knight was pretty great. I guess everyones tastes vary.

But, honestly District 9 was great. The story was awesome. The special effects, awesome. The technology Sci-fi awesome. Even the point of view of the movie "started documentary" then went first person and back to Documentary... was awesome.

The aliens were awesome. The weapons were awesome. There was no "hot chick", which was awesome for a change. The lead-in for the sequel was awesome.

Yea. I loved District 9.

This movie kinda crept out of nowhere it seems. Got an A- on Yahoo and 8.8/10 on IMDB. I can't comment on whether it would make a good game or not until I've seen it (which I really want to do given all the rave reviews), but the general plot seems to lead to that.

I don't think I recall a movie game ever being good. The lotr movie games were decent enough for a me as a 10-year old or however old I was, but they weren't good. The games based on the books are great though; bfme2 and lotro.

Anyway, I don't think this trend will ever be broken. I don't think this is going to be a game because it would be out by now if it was going to be.

Yeah, the Dark Knight was one of the best movies I've seen. I don't know what you're talking about.

Oh yeah, I saw it during the midnight release. It was great. My friends and I never seem to do things at normal hours of the day, except for Chipotle. They are only open till 10pm.

^ Escape From Butcher Bay was spectacular.

Anyway, I thought this movie was painfully mediocre and didn't nearly live up to the hype. The beginning was pretty good with the documentary style interviews and video clips, but it really fell apart after that. Ending was fine as well, but the bulk of the movie was rather stale.

My wife and I enjoyed the movie. They used the F-bomb way, way too much, but it was still a good story that was well worth seeing.

Looking back at it there are a few things that could have been done better (Wikus' internal struggle with what was happening to him, the interaction between him and his wife, more development of Christopher and other Prawn, and so on). While the movie gave you plenty of action it skimped on depth to do it.

I could see this as being a great game... but I could also see it as a flop if it wasn't done properly to maintain the aura of the film and its setting/characters. If it were me, I would not include any of the characters from the movie, at least not directly. Build it as a prequel to D9 as the clips showed plenty of stuff that transpired before the forced migration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom