$25,000 to build a gaming room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feeding them is the best part - love feeding mine live food they go into hunter mode.

You really don't have to manually clean the tank I don't lift a finger on mine except the water change and feeding every 2 days. I have pond snails which eat the algae on the glass, Malaysian and dominican trumpet snails which eat the poop and turn the sand, Assassin snails which eat other snails and stop the populations from exploding and overrunning everything. Then I have Amano, Cherry, Tiger and blue tiger shrimp which clean up all the plants and ornaments and eat all the remaining algae. The Betta eats any baby shrimp and guppy fish fry that are produced. The guppies eat any shrimplets aswell as mating like rabbits. The shrimp will eat the baby guppies if given the chance.

It really is self-contained ecosystem which needs feeding every couple of days. If you forget to feed for a couple of weeks it won't matter as fish don't get fed that regularly in the wild. I have left my tank for 12 days with no food and some people on forums have left theirs for 3 weeks without casualties.

Not to knock ya or anything, that's a great idea dude. But you're putting away $100 a month in a CD until you're 25 so you can have just under $8000 for a gaming room and you want to buy a house. You're going to have to put down 20% for your down payment on your house. Assuming, like most people do, it's going to be a $200,000 house. That's $40,000. And you're talking about spending $8,000 on a gaming room.

Yeah but I've been working since junior year of high school, and my parents didn't want me to work in high school or in college, so I've got extra money that I wouldn't have had, and I feel that I can use part of that towards a gift for myself. Not to mention I can probably use college graduation as an opportunity to get computer parts as gifts or something.

I also don't plan to buy a house alone... hopefully there will be a double income factor by that time. Until then, I can make do with an apartment, which would still work with the stuff I want.

That's also my priorities. Some people might spend money on a nice dining room table or pictures or a new stove or car or go out to eat a lot, none of which I care about (although my whole family is in the car business, so I'm sure I'll get hooked up in the future). I really don't spend money... the only major purchases in my life have been my tv, ps3, and ipod. I've always just saved and saved and waited until my birthday or hannukah to get what I want. I know things will change once I have my own place, but I still don't see myself spending money on that much else.

And that savings includes basically every dollar I've ever gotten, from birthday money to bar mitzvah money (gotta love being jewish) to 3 years of part time jobs. plus a ridiculous amount of savings bonds matured when I turned 18. Basically what I'm trying to say is that my current "gaming room cd" is a minuscule fraction of my total worth, at least right now.

I've got 3 years of college left before I try to find a full-time job also...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom