$25,000 to build a gaming room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorton63

Baseband Member
so I was talking w/ my gf last night about this contest that is at Kimberly-Clark Room A Day Giveaway where you can win $25k to redo a room in your house... and she said that if she won, she would prefer a new kitchen.

Look, when I think of renovating a room, I would love to have a sweet gaming setup. Something along the lines of a "man-cave" type room in the basement, with a bar, a few PC's hooked up around the room, and a fridge with all the good stuff in it.

I would never leave a room like that!

So here is my question...are any of you lucky enough to have a man-cave like the kind that I am talking about? Anyone have pictures?

I'd like it too look like this (hypothetically, if I were to have $25k in new funds):

Attachments

• mancave.jpg
    mancave.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 6,007
I wish I had a room like that, my bedroom with my pc, is like 10 by 7. Sometimes I think prison inmates have bigger cells than me.

i have built them before, but dont have any pictures.
lol...good luck getting your gf to go with that over a new kitchen....let me know how that works out :D

a good friend of mine had something like this done in his house. took huge chunk of his basement and turned it into a home theater. 8 stadium seating leather reclining chairs, HUGE 200 inch high def projector, 7.1 surround sound built into the walls with a rocking sub, new shag carpet, beautiful paint job, amazing drapes to surround the entrances, custom lighting, all the wiring is done to a back room through the ceiling, blu ray player, xbox 360 elite, top of the line audio receiver, hd directv dvr, apple tv thingy, a custom universal remote that controls everthing, including the lights.

keeping in mind that both of his parents are fantastic lawyers, the grand total came out to...

$80,000 :freak:

As crazy as I am about technology & computers... I'd honestly say that I'd want a Kitchen like your Girlfriend does.

I don't know. When it comes to my chill room, I don't need much. It doesn't have to be that extravagant. As long as I have my favorite forms of entertainment, I'm good.

But, a Kitchen on the other hand... wow. I guess since I love to cook and my girlfriend loves my cooking, I'd want the best kitchen I could get for $25,000. Which could go a pretty long way for a new kitchen.

I don't know there is just something so satisfying about having the ability to cook amazing food and have your friends and relatives want to hire you as their personal chef. Everyone I know that has eaten my food tell me I NEED to open a restaurant. Which I really don't want to do. I just enjoy cooking and giving my friends and family a great meal.

I know it sounds crazy... But, I'll take a kitchen.

Meh, a kitchen only needs a good fridge, stove/oven and microwave. I plan to make a theatre room once i manage to find a place i can afford.

I have PLANS for my "man cave".......eventually. but it will be a separate workshop from the house. Along the lines of what Bill at mnpctech.com has has for his workshopb but with some woodworking tools and stuff included. I would honestly much rather buy tools than plasmas, sound systems etc... Although a combination of both is the goal :p

Unfortunately this is a long term plan as first I need the property and house that meets the family (and by family i mean the wife's) requirements. Probably won't see it happen for about 10 years. boohoo

Man cave is my room atm in all say I have spent £4,000-5,000 on my study and although I could improve it by spending another £10,000 on a top draw speaker system, its not a priority. I would spend the money on a semi-indoor pool and jacuzzi in the second patio as my parents were planning to before they split up **** them! Why couldn't have wait another year!!! lol heartless I know.

Also we have 4 rooms in the basement which friends have been telling me to renovate for ages. So far all I have done is stuck a couple of sofas down there and some doby surround speakers with a fridge in one of the rooms and its just to chill and drink beer in.

Man cave? Haaha! I think I'd be good to have a room filled with a variety of sound equipment, walls filled with CDs, Racks of External Hard drives and Vinyl, lots of vinyl.

The problem to me with a big extravagant 80,000+ entertainment area is having the time to sit down and really enjoy it. I might as well buy my own personal IMAX theater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom