US Gov Seeking Ppl to Setup Cyber Reserve

office politics

It's all just 1s and 0s
U.S. potentially looking to establish a cyber

quoted:

The Department of Homeland Security is considering setting up a "Cyber Reserve" of computer security experts who could be called upon in the event of a crippling cyber attack.

The idea came from a task force the agency set up to address what has long been a weak spot - recruiting and retaining skilled cyber professionals who feel they can get better jobs and earn higher salaries, in the private sector.

However, rather than only physical requirements, I think that they'd be expected to maintain their skills in cyber security and keep up their education in addition to staying physically healthy.

Just saw this, Wow this is incredibly interesting! I wonder what type of people would be hired. Some very intelligent folks i hope, maybe people like Penelope Garcia from the show "Criminal Minds" huh?

prolly ppl participating in things like the following

SANS: NetWars Competition | Netwars Games | Netwars Challenge

quoted:

What is NetWars?
SANS NetWars is a hands-on, interactive learning environment that enables information security professionals to develop and master the skills they need to excel in their field. In SANS award-winning courses, attendees consistently rate our hands-on exercises as the most valuable part of the course. With NetWars, we have really raised the ante, as participants learn while working through various challenge levels, all hands-on, with a focus on skills information security professionals can use in their jobs every day.

Back
Top Bottom