Twitter Password Reset Email

helix2301

In Runtime
If you're wondering if the e-mail asking you to change your password on your Twitter account is legit or a phishing scam look no further the e-mail is legit. Twitter sent password reset email to many accounts, thanks to a security breach.
If you received this message or when you login to twitter they asked you to change your password this is legitimate. Make sure you do this to keep your account safe.

twitter's security policy in my experience has been very motherly. I had twitch updates sent out over twitter whenever I started to stream and after a couple of those I got an email saying that there were questions about my account and if the tweets were legit and all that, and I was like dafuq, but went to log into my twitter and found that my password didn't work (it was saved so I know it's right) so I went through the email and changed it.

That being said it's a pretty fishy email by the sounds of it, but I'd go check your twitter and see if you can log in, if not you should be able to directly change your password from the site.

Also: Twitter alerts users to password security breach | Nation/world Business | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

twitter's security policy in my experience has been very motherly. I had twitch updates sent out over twitter whenever I started to stream and after a couple of those I got an email saying that there were questions about my account and if the tweets were legit and all that, and I was like dafuq, but went to log into my twitter and found that my password didn't work (it was saved so I know it's right) so I went through the email and changed it.

That being said it's a pretty fishy email by the sounds of it, but I'd go check your twitter and see if you can log in, if not you should be able to directly change your password from the site.

Also: Twitter alerts users to password security breach | Nation/world Business | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

Just never save passwords in your browser and always clear your cookies \ cache after quiting... (can find special plugins for Mozilla, dunno about other browsers) :cool:
KeePass can help you ;)

Back
Top Bottom