What is the best hardware for me?

itTadas

Beta member
Hi there,

our company want to install new server company, which server computers are most popular now?

we need at least 2TB, I7 processor, 8GB ram. on other forum, one seller told me about Dell Tower and IBM Rack. I am not sure which one to choose or maybe there are other good enough hardware comparing prices and qualities?

Our company has over 100 workers, workers has computer and specific software to work with SQL server, so firstly we need fast SQL server to work with, because many users will be connected. currently we are working
with 2008 Microsoft SQL server developer version on Win7, we need
Windows server with SQL server.

so anybody can guide me which server computer to choose, which manufacturer is better?

Thanks

what manufacturer does the company currently have installed? Buying from the same manufacturer can make things less complicated when handling service and support. there's not going to be much data on who makes the best hardware. i assume almost all major manufacturer's hardware are going to perform near the same. The way they differ will be with cost, service, support, and management tools. My employer mostly buys HP Servers. This is just they way its always been. I've enjoyed my interactions with them over the past 7 or so years. But recently they annouced that they will no longer be providing firmware updates for servers without a service contract. This may trigger me to looking into other manufacturers. I've worked with IBM service and support too. I liked my interactions with them too.

you may want to buy redundant psus and network for those servers.

Back
Top Bottom