Weird Network Work Acting Odd

Hello 2xg, okay but even regardless it sounds like its reaching the end of its cycle. So if this is the case what is the replacement model for this? Or which of the sonicwalls are brand new? I rather get something new then something almost on its way out. Could you suggestion what sonicwalls are new today model etc...? Thanks!!

You can choose a different Model higher than the 105 series but the price will also be higher. How many computers and Users do you have?

Where did you hear about this? Do you have a link? Not that I'm aware of.
I'd contact Sonicguard or Sonicwall and get the facts from them regarding the end of it's life cycle.
okay but even regardless it sounds like its reaching the end of its cycle.

Just jumping into the middle of this thread for some more information...

The original issue is that Building #2 is having issues when using the switch to connect to the network in building #1, correct? If so, have you considered the possibility that one switch isn't properly negotiating with the other switch and the connection is dropping out since a laptop seems to connect via the same cable perfectly fine?

Didn't read the whole thread, just seems interesting is all, as I have seen similar issues with mixed brand switches in the past, and the same issue when there is a lot of potential interference on the cable connection.

A little behind, but if it were me, I would remove the cable between the two buildings, install a point to point 5g wireless link and then all things will be good.

I have setup several of these, distance from 30ft to 5 miles and have had no problems.

I even have a few 5g flat panel itergrated antennas available for sell, easy setup.

Ok, busy day here, haven't had time to read the whole thread, but I did a search, and didn't find 'cross' anywhere in previous posts.....

You are connecting a switch to a switch. There was mention that this works without issue from a laptop. Have you tried changing out the cable between the remote switch and the patch panel to a Ethernet CROSSOVER cable? Like devices need a crossover cable to work properly....

Ex:
Router to router
Switch to switch
PC to PC
PC to Router

[EDIT]Ok, I have finished reading the entire thread at this point.

Comcast Cable Modem is doing the DHCP the IP info is:

Default Gateway: 10.1.10.1
IP Range: 10.1.10.20 to 199
Mask: 255.255.255.0
DNS: 10.1.10.1

If I wanted to setup my Linksys Router to be able to access the server wirelessly how would I have to set that up? Would I make the Linksys do DHCP as well and have the router IP say 10.1.10.120 and the starting IP 10.1.10.121 and Mask be 255.255.255.0. Is this the correct way of setting up the wireless router? Could you provide me with some help?

To avoid future headaches, if your DHCP range is .20 -.199, and you assigned your Linksys router 10.1.10.120, you are going to want to change that IP. The issue is that your DHCP server is going to try to lease out that .120 address, which will cause an issue for the device which gets the address, and possibly the Linksys also. You will want to use an address which is *OUT* of the range of the DHCP pool, unless you have the ability to specifically exclude that address from the pool. SO, either .2-.19 or .200-.254, as long as that address isn't already in use, by for example, the server.

[/EDIT]

Last edited:
tz 100 series has been discontinued and is in ARM

Product Lifecycle - Dell SonicWALL, Inc.

quoted

Active Retirement Mode (ARM)
Active Retirement Mode (ARM) is a statement by SonicWALL that it is no longer actively manufacturing or selling the product. Products in ARM are removed from all price lists and marketing collateral. Support contracts for products in this phase will remain on price lists and will continue to be available. During this time SonicWALL will release a limited number of firmware updates, new features and bug fixes. The duration of this phase is typically two years beginning one day after the last day to order.

Hello Office Politics,

If the TZ210 is in ARM could you recommended a Sonic Wall for about 10 to 20 employees that is not being retired? Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom