VmWare network configuration

CuriousGuy

Beta member
Hi everyone!
I have a virtual machine with windows XP on a windows 7 host machine. When I configure XP to have Bridged connection it gets its IP from the router (192.168.1.x) and I have internet connection and everything except one thing - I CAN NOT access my shared folders on the host machine (win 7). I have set permission to be for everyone. I can access them only if I set NAT connection on the virtual XP. I tried to install another win 7 on virtual machine. From my real win 7 I can access the virtual win 7 shared files, but not vice versa... I really cant understand what is wrong.
I have ping and everything but when I try to get to the shared folders it says "Path was not found".
When I set Bridged connection on the XP and it gets IP from the router I am in LAN with the host machine so I should have access to the shared folders right? But I only have when it is NAT... Please, can someone explain what could be wrong in this situation?

Use VMware shared folders.

Otherwise, you have a network / firewall / authentication problem. It's not a VMware problem.

Back
Top Bottom