Systems Managment Ethernet Controller.

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
Would this be used to remote in too a PC via a network. Ideally over say a WAN or LAN, the Systems Management Ethernet Controller or would you simply connect via. regular Ethernet.

I think I'm on top of this Server but thats the only question I have as of now. An actual dedicated port for Systems Management such as connecting threw SSH.

Are you talking about the iLO/LOM port? If so, then yeah that's for remote management and access when the server is turned off etc

Here's HP's doc on iLO
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HP_Integrated_Lights-Out

The server is an IBM Rack. I'm not sure what you are doing like rite now Soul but I've literally just put Ubuntu on it hear at 04.18 AM. I'm interested in learning how to get remote access Via. SSH. I've physically connected the Ethernet cable from my router to the Management Ethernet port.

I'm seriously confused on how to gain access Via running threw the router and taking control over Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS .

ILO = Integrated Lights Out, lets you remotely access a server via the network. IBM's equivalent is the IMM, Integrated Management Module

Back
Top Bottom