Smart Phone App Design Costs

Butterkup

Beta member
Howdy,

I don't have any techies to ask so thought I would come here to get some expert insights.

I have an idea for a phone app and was reading an article that said the development of a good app was in the $20,000+ range. I didn't expect it to be cheap, but that amount surprised me.

My idea is a travel app for consumers and although I haven't fleshed out all the details, I may not if that price range is accurate. I know there are many variables, but could someone tell me if that figure is realistic or point me to somewhere were I could get more information?

Many, many thanks for any comments/help. I just didn't know where else to start. :D

link:
Deciding Whether Your Business Needs a Mobile App | Inc.com

Measuring the Cost

As with most business functions, the decision to build an app or not comes down to cost. Whatever you do, don't hire someone and train them in app development. The best approach is to talk with up to three different app developers about what you want and have them build out some cost estimates. The more complex you get, the more it will cost. App developers in the U.S. can charge upwards of $100 per hour, and an article from OS X Daily that the development cost range for “small apps” is $3,000 to $8,000 and that “more complex or recognized brand apps” can cost $50,000 to $150,000.

To get a real quote, talk to experienced app developers who have success stories in the space.

Back
Top Bottom