Server Storage Reccomendation. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Technology > Servers and Virtualization
Click Here to Login

Old 10-10-2017, 04:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Residential Loon

Unhappy Server Storage Reccomendation.

At the minute I'm housing my server on the floor standing on top of several books. I so badly want to by a server cabinet but I dont know were to start. The server is about two and three quarters of a foot by two foot wide and approx 6 inch deep but I dont know anything about housing this hardware.

I'm not sure if I should by a full hight server cabinet and have like my Router and Switch in their and maybe another desktop for added functionality like PFSence.

I cant find any rails any were even fleas bay because the server I think is 2009 approx. I can only find M5 Rails and this is a IBM x3650 M1 .

What can I do to give better housing to this thing. Its humongous and weighs a ton. Iíve nearly put my back out twice lifting the thing.

Any recommendations on what to do about storage.
Spud1200 is offline   Reply With Quote