Server Storage Reccomendation.

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
At the minute I'm housing my server on the floor standing on top of several books. I so badly want to by a server cabinet but I dont know were to start. The server is about two and three quarters of a foot by two foot wide and approx 6 inch deep but I dont know anything about housing this hardware.

I'm not sure if I should by a full hight server cabinet and have like my Router and Switch in their and maybe another desktop for added functionality like PFSence.

I cant find any rails any were even fleas bay because the server I think is 2009 approx. I can only find M5 Rails and this is a IBM x3650 M1 .

What can I do to give better housing to this thing. Its humongous and weighs a ton. I've nearly put my back out twice lifting the thing.

Any recommendations on what to do about storage. :confused:

I thought you had a rack you was dumping?

I tried too sell it online as well as asking people and around the doors kinda speak but no one wanted it and I'm pleased because this thing is a monster. I think I have actually struck a good deal when I have bought this originally for £70. Its a X3650 IBM Rack Gen 1. First Gen. I was talking on other boards and apparently this thing isn't too common for someone to have something of this scale in their house.

I also looked at Gumtree and their was Micro Servers what are readily available from the likes of Amazon for home use so when I done a research on it I was like YEAH F*** ME BABY. I'm well keeping this bad boy. Other Servers on Gumtree for sale dont come any were near this spek from what I can tell so I'm all for that. I have something that a lot people dont have.

From what I can tell Joe Public is thick as F*** and they missed an opportunity when I had this for sale.

Last edited:
im confused... I thought you was talking about a rack not what to do with your actual server lool.

I use Micro servers gen 7/8's stacked , might buy a gen10 but you lose more features so some reason... however more than enough power to run around 8 active VMs when spec'd up and nice and hidden away in my house, plus nowhere near the noise of standard DL servers!

Back
Top Bottom