server 2003 domain and xp pro sp3 confusion

techleaner

In Runtime
When I first connected this laptop to the domain I had troubles, I eventually got it to work when I added the dns to it. I went to change a users password on the server and went to log into the xp laptop and it did not work. I logged as admin and got to the server. Logged back out and logged in locally with admin and just out of curiosity I changed the users pw locally and that did not work. I used the users old pw and logged in and was able to communicate with server filed all the way to there documents on the server. Mapped drives worked too. It seems like an account that doesn't exist on both sides server and locally? I'm confused.

Basically what kind of profile is he logging into then?

thanks ahead for your time.

press ctrl alt del to see which user is logged in. my guess is the account on the server is in use because mapped drives work.

a user account should not be needed on the local wkst. disable this account and try again.

Thanks! will give it a go this afternoon.

**It worked, I just needed to log in with old password then windows said lock the computer then log in with new pw after that it worked, I never seen that before. Thanks! again.

Back
Top Bottom