MS Excel error unexplainable - VB?

DaPurpleRT

Baseband Member
Hey guys,

In my workplace we have two identical PCs (they are controlled centrally by a corporate IT group so they have the same updates and such) and same user ID on the network, opening the same file on a shared drive. One works perfect (it is an excel file), the other always produces this error:

"Object library invalid or contains reference to object definitions that could not be found".

I read a little and tried deleting vxd files. Both have Office 2003 SP3 as aI said as both are identical.

Ideas??

TIA!

You are better off going to the Microsoft Answers site for questions like this. Very few people use Excel and even less use it for business purposes with multiple machines and single user account. This area is for home users. If you want I can move it to the Enterprise area where someone might be able to assist you.

About shared workbooks - Excel - Office.com

I think its odd that you see this when opening a workbook in a shared environment.

I've received this error occur when i didnt have the appropiate references selected for a vba macro.

Do you see a button for debug? if so, click it and show us what line it is on. I had to open vb editor click tools > references.

Also, Perhaps setting macro security to high would prevent the error from occurring. This may have adverse affects on the current and other workbooks as well

Back
Top Bottom