Monitoring Software

donnibrasco

Beta member
For our company we need a monitoring solution company with comprehensive remote monitoring for critical elements within our infrastructure. Since we use many VMware servers, these also have to be monitored. Does anybody know a good one?

vCenter Operations Manager which is Vmware's operations add in is great. I've read good things about VEEAM which is an add in to vmware. We will be using vCenter Operations Manager next year. Solarwinds also has decent tools.

Vmware out of the box with vCenter has some decent monitoring tools as well, things like cpu/ memory / page file / data store size can all be monitored within vCenter itself without additional items installed.

We mostly use OPManager which is made by Manage Engine. It will monitor both physical and virtual environments, if you add a Host it will recognize the ESX version and will add the VM's automatically.

Thanks alot for your answers vCenter indeed seems to be appropriate. The problem is that we do not only need the software, but especially know how and a management partner. After a research I found azeti. They have one interesting product called SONARPLEX, but to be honest I didn't understand exactly what it is capable of besides monitoring VMware servers.

Back
Top Bottom