IE8 & Java

aimo3

In Runtime
I have some PCs with Win XP & IE8 running on them. The users have a website to log onto which uses Java (let's call it x.com). Java is installed though not the latest version. On some of them I installed 7.15 (the latest is 7.17). When going to x.com, Java asks for update, and on one PC, I mistakenly said yes, but our server does not allow the updates via the internet. Now every time the user wants to go to x.com, IE takes him to java download website. I reset the browser settings, but it did not help. I checked from another windows profile on the same PC and found no problem.

How can I get IE to open the user's website without having to update java, and without replacing the user's windows profile?

I'm sharing this for the benefit of all. I removed and reinstalled both Jave and ie8, but nothing helped.

I logged onto the other profile and exported this registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft

Then I imported it into the user's profile, and it worked :)

Now there is a little issue on some PCs. When a user logged into the website and them out, the particular tap within which this website has been open cannot be closed normally. So the users use the Task Manager to terminate IE.

I have no idea which registry key or something to do to resolve this issue.

Any idea?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom