I need clarification on this, if anyone can ..

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
My question is about DNS Servers.

Being Domain Name Service Servers or Domain Name Servers I'm under the impression that a DNS will work in a Logical manor .

So for example.

If I'm sitting at my Terminal and enter Techist.com, my actual PC will then direct it self to my Switch. From their my switch will say I need to go to the router and the DNS Tables built in to the Router will say, "Well we don't have the I.P Address for Techist.com"; so from their my router will route out to my ISP or actual VPN providers DNS Servers were they will say; "yeah sure, Techist.com is xxx.xxx.x.x." and routing back after fetching with something like HTTP: GET request back threw the ISP Servers and to my local LAN which is thus identified by my external I.P Address what is held with my ISP or if being with someone like PIA is then thus redirected threw their Servers and back to my ISP and then my PC.

In regards to this overall process, the way I understand it, is the tables and routing from point A too B too C too D too E and back again happens threw the use of internally stored DATA held on Memory such as HDD and some sort of logic orientated table addressing what would being translated to Numbers and digits such as 192.168.x.x. If I'm correct in this way of thinking then this would be held in a specific format in accordance with the File system of the OS and then even further broken down to Binary in regards to fetching the I.P Addresses ..

Anywhere close?

Back
Top Bottom