How to clear document history from Terminal Server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
I have a client where they use terminal server. Resently they have moved their data drives.
Things like the user documents where stored on \\fsSERVERNAME01\USER NAME, this is now \\SERVER.local\dfs\USER NAME

The problem experienced now is that every time the client try to open up word, it takes about 30 seconds to 1 minute to load. After doing a lot of troubleshooting, the cause of this problem is that the programs like MS Word and Adobe Reader has been slowed down due the number of previous documents entries. A first I removed the history from MS word via the options. However since I then found that i needed to open reg edit as change every thing from HKEY_CURRENT_USER from \\fsSERVER01\ to \\SERVER.local\dfs\ one entry at a time.

Been trying to look for some way to clear the all document history from the Termal Server. Is there any quick way I can remove these entries? Is there any way in which I can do a mass reg-edit of all the entries under HKEY_CURRENT_USER from \\fsSERVERNAME01\ to \\SERVERNAME.local\dfs\ ?

I have fixed this problem for one user, I still have another 70 users to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom