Group Policy Editor Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

techleaner

In Runtime
XP Pro SP3, IE8, I was looking in the Group Policy Editor and I didn't see Internet Explorer in there. I only saw Windows Media Player, Windows Update, and another one I can't remember. I was planning on disabling the delete browser history but I couldn't make that change because I didn't see it in the Group Policy Editor.

*Why wasn't it in there? I'm confused :(

You are running a client machine, you don't have GPO you only have Local Security Settings which can be found under Control Panel>Admin Tools>Local Security Settings.

From there i don't believe there is a setting to do what you want. You may however be able to do it from the registry.

Use Group Policy and just lock them out of internet options that's what I did it's the only way to accomplish what you are attempting.

client pcs, such as windows xp, have a local group policy you can edit. im not sure if this is still true in seven.

run gpedit.msc expand user conf, admin templ, windows componets, internet explorer

if inet explorer doesnt appear, right click admin templates, and click add remove templates.

search and add inetres

see pic

28vempz.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom