EXCH2013 - Clients

Yevrag35

Pushing Daisies on Saturn
This MS article brings my question into context: Users of Exchange Server 2013 or Exchange Online can't open public folders or shared mailboxes on an Exchange 2010 or Exchange 2007 server

What that article posted IS the answer to our problem. But now my question is about their resolution: "The new settings should be applied on the Outlook clients the next time that they send a request to the Autodiscover service. Or, you can manually change the settings."

My question is there a way to force clients to send these requests? Should I have the users reboot? What initiates the request being sent?

Thanks for any and all input.

Not quite sure if I know exactly how it works... but wouldn't the request be sent next time the client checks for new mail, or new mail gets pushed to the client?

IMO rebooting would indeed probably be the best bet, but I would assume it would also be automatically done when mail is sent/received.

I could be wrong though, since like I said, I'm not entirely sure how it works.

Yeah, it's really weird why some clients *do* pull down the new settings, while others don't.

I had one of our users over by me a little while ago (after I posted this), and she was still being prompted for her login and what-not.

I tried everything (besides changing the settings manually), and her outlook would not change the security setting on its own. It's really strange.

Back
Top Bottom