dual boot

DiabloTech

Beta member
hi everyone,

I've got a problem, i need to virtualize an old pc with win2k and winXP in dual boot , is that's possible without getting any blue screen or any other problems.

i can use VMware or Hyper v whatever who can do the job.

thank's for you're answer.

Not sure I completely understand what you're asking.

Are you wanting to dual boot Win2k and XP? Or are you wanting to have Win2k and XP VM's? You wouldn't dual boot 2 VM's, you would just have 2 separate VM's that you could run.

dual booting = installing two operating systems on the same hard-drive, only one booted at any time.

virtual machine = a piece of software allowing you to run an OS in a little window, inside the one you're currently using

hi everyone,

I've got a problem, i need to virtualize an old pc with win2k and winXP in dual boot , is that's possible without getting any blue screen or any other problems.

I agree with the above. It doesn't make sense to create a single virtual machine and then dual boot, just create two virtual machines with one OS each.

You can do a P2V conversion and you can use vmware's tool or microsofts. that will convert a physical machine to a virtual machine.

hi everyone,

i'm a little confused to like some other people are you wanting to dual boot a computer or dual boot in vm in the case of vm just create two machines.

My question is, why do you wish to dual boot two WINDOWS?

I can see this as a DOS vs Windows, (I have this).

There are many reasons to dual boot different versions of Windows. People dual boot XP and Windows 7 so that they can use the latest OS and still have the OS to use software that isnt compatible with the current version. There are programs out there that the developers never made compatible with the latest versions of Windows, forcing people to have to find alternative means to be able to still use the software they want with still using the latest and most secure versions of Windows.

Some people like myself, dual boot a stable version of Windows and the preview of newer versions. I have a dual boot of Windows 7 and Windows 8. This way I can have a stable OS while still testing the newest OS. Of something goes wrong with the testing, I still have the ability to use my PC without having to go through the pains of reinstalling Windows and all my software.

So there are many reasons why people dual boot various versions over just using a single version. It all depends on the person and the situation.

Back
Top Bottom