Auto copy SD card to pc then delete data from SD card with batch file/autorun

Trevor

Beta member
Hi everyone,

First off I hope I posted this in the correct place. If not, my apologies.

I need a way to copy the contents of a labeled SD card to a computer directory of the same name automatically upon insertion. After the contents have been copied, the contents of the SD card must be deleted. For instance, if I insert a card with the volume label "X" I want to copy all the files on the card to c:\X. I need this to run as smoothly as possible without any prompts except for when the procedure is complete and the SD card can be removed.

I have done some reading on the net as to how to go about it but my knowledge is very limited in this regard. Is it possible to do this using a batch file and autorun? If so, then all the contents of the card would have to be deleted except for the .bat and autorun file or those files would have to be restored after deletion. :confused:

The reason I need this is because I am running a video vehicle monitoring system on my vehicles and the data is stored on a SD card. At the end of every day I would like the driver to insert his SD card into the computer and copy the data for the day to a directory for his specific vehicle and then delete the data from the SD card so that it is ready for use the next day. So I was thinking I could format the SD card and assign the vehicle registration number as the volume label and then write a batch file (or something) to copy the data to a directory of the computer also with the name of the vehicle registration number. Then I would need to create an autorun file to execute the batch file when the SD card is inserted.

If anyone has any ideas or solutions or can point me in the right direction I would be extremely greatful!

Many thanks,

Trevor

Back
Top Bottom