Screenshot Tutorial - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > Official TF Tutorials
Click Here to Login

Old 08-30-2012, 10:10 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

Default Re: Screenshot Tutorial

I use Google Chrome and the screen capture addon (made by Google themselves) as well as the Windows 7 Snipping Tool built into the OS.

Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:41 AM   #22 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Ctrl+Alt+PrtSc works excellent in game, in fullscreen, etc.

Matt77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:11 PM   #23 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Taking A screen shot in Origin, without the print screen button:

All you have to do is add Origin to Steam as a non-steam game! Just make sure you're logged out of Origin when you do. Then, launch Origin from Steam, and it'll pull Origin up like normal, launch whatever game, and now you can get the Steam overlay on your Origin games! Complete with the ability to hit F12 to take a screenshot. The only downside to this is that it'll save the screenshot in your steam files with Origin as the "game". So for instance, your Mass Effect 3 and Battlefield 3 screenshots are gonna be jumbled together in the same folder. Also, make sure you have your Origin overlay isn't the same buttons as the Steam one. If they are, you'll pull up both simultaneously with Origin on top and you won't be able to select the Steam one.

Alternately
You can add each game into Steam individually if you wish, but it will still launch Origin and make you log in when you launch said game. And, you will be able to access both overlays with above mentioned kinks. However, it will save your each game's screenshots in their own folders. Personal preference I guess.
SirMarcavisSinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:18 PM   #24 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I'm wandering around here, in threads that seem to have no appeal to me, and learn something new every day. More than two years and a couple of hundred Win7 machines behind me, and never once used SNIPPING TOOL. Du-uh. So nice. Thanks! (I'd always told clients to tap their PRINT SCREEN, pull up PAINT and CTRL-V in to save the image, and email it to me.) Snipping Tool, it is!
ChristineBCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #25 (permalink)
Grandfather of Techist

\_(ツ)_/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineBCW View Post
I'm wandering around here, in threads that seem to have no appeal to me, and learn something new every day. More than two years and a couple of hundred Win7 machines behind me, and never once used SNIPPING TOOL. Du-uh. So nice. Thanks! (I'd always told clients to tap their PRINT SCREEN, pull up PAINT and CTRL-V in to save the image, and email it to me.) Snipping Tool, it is!
My wife swears by SnagIt, but it is not free. Great tool, though.

My Rig: SABLE
Antec 300 Illusion / Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W / ASUS GeForce GTX 960 GTX960-DC2OC-2GD5
AMD FX 8320 x8 Black Edition / Gelid Tranquillo / MSI 970A-G43
Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB / Samsung 840 120GB / WD Black 750GB / WD Green 1TB
2x4GB DDR3 1600 - 2x2GB DDR3 1600
Win10 Ent 64-bit - Mionix Naos 7000 Mouse - CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Mech Keyboard

R.I.P. Danny L. Trotter ... 14 Nov 1945 - 4 Sept 2009
Trotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:01 PM   #26 (permalink)

Snag it is amazing
Battle.net: iFargle #1561 || Steam/Origin: iFargle
iFargle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:56 AM   #27 (permalink)
Build Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineBCW View Post
Years and years of computing and I still use paint.

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:45 AM   #28 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I usually stuff a PAINT shortcut somewhere (Task Bar, QuickLaunch) just for this "screen cap" eventuality. "My screen says THIS..." and I'm thinking, "No, no way... impossible..." and the Screen Cap says it all. "OK, tap the PRINT SCREEN key... upper right area on your keyboard. Now open PAINT - lower middle of your taskbar... now CTRL V. Now save it and send it..."

Quick and easy. Of course, sending users from Keyboard to Screen regions often seems like trips around the world in degrees of difficulty. I'm glad the East German judges don't rate some of my clients.
ChristineBCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:00 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotter View Post
My wife swears by SnagIt, but it is not free. Great tool, though.

Piling on the Snagit love fest... I LOVE snagit and think it's well worth the price - note that I am about the cheapest person on earth....

They have a free trial that is the full version.
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:55 PM   #30 (permalink)
Newb Techie

iFargle: the command is CMD+SHIFT+4 to take a screenshot on the Mac, at least for my MacBookPro it is that.

Related to this thread, there is a webservice that allows paste from your clipboard to the web and automatically uploads the img to dropbox or imgur. I think it's called onpaste.com, I use it a lot.

Back in school I made a C# program very quickly that would transform the PRINT SCREEN button to an automatic yfrog image upload. It was neat, but they changed their API and I never maintained the code. Since then I found this onpaste site and I have used that ever since.

DragonKind is offline   Reply With Quote