When a Word document file is corrupted, then you can try several methods to recover it:
1. First of all, you can try the recovery function integrated with Microsoft Word, as follows:
1) On the File menu, click Open.
2) In the Look in list, click the drive, folder, or Internet location that contains the file that you want to open.
3) In the folder list, locate and open the folder that contains the file.
4) Select the file that you want to recover.
5) Click the arrow next to the Open button, and then click Open and Repair.
You may find more information about this at:
(for Word 2003)
(for Word 2007/2010/2013)
2. If you have multiple corrupt Word documents, then you can use the VBA macro provided in articlehttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/893672/en-us so that all the files will be opened in "Open and Repair" option automatically.