Smart Mirror and its software - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > Projects and Tutorials
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2019, 01:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Virgin Techie

Default Smart Mirror and its software

Hello. I wish to share my Smart Mirror project with you guys, at techist.

This is the second try for a smart mirror, where main changes from the first was that the mirror switched from a 3mm acrylic sheet, about 700 x 300 mm sized to 4mm glass 1100 x 700 mm . The results were satisfying... Pictures below

Used a Raspberry Pi to be the brains inside the mirror, used the Electron framework to program a simple app that is connected to a weather API, a clock API and a webserver synchronized with an self made app for Android.

The next part will be to make the app "module based" in a sense that you could change the layout of the screen live from the app.

Pictures of the result:

Tell me if any of you have made something similar, or have some advice for programming the app for both android and the mirror.

Old 04-23-2019, 04:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie

Default Re: Smart Mirror and its software

Sweet! I could watch myself watching Victor Borge if I was there! By smart mirror I thought you meant a mirror with facial recognition and ai and all this matrix stuff.

Tags
mirror