Security Ip cameras

TheDrunk

In Runtime
I am looking for 4x IP security cameras, to install at my parents house.

I would like to have cameras hook up to the exsisting computer I have build there, since it can handle the workload.
I know how to install CCtv systems, and camera installation. yet not sure if I cna get X cameras and have them go to the computer.
the budget I have total to add cameras 4 of them is 150$ trying to go under it due to limited budget.

Well, to be clear, the quality of the video can vary based on individual budget.

A simple way is to have a small PoE Switch connected to a always on PC. If you don't fancy that, then any IP camera connected to a PoE switch can be accessed through it's IP.

Amazon has this Bullet IP Camera I've been batch configuring height strip and IP cameras for our company for the past several months, so, there isn't much required except the software, ethernet connection and verifying the IP address.

As long as no one else is aware of the IPs assigned they should remain relatively safe.

I realize this is a zombie thread.. but typically (not always depending on the seller/manufacturer) the term "IP Cameras" doesn't mean IP as in Internet Protocol but IP as in Ingress Protection

IP_Rating.png

IP ratings are used to determine how resilient the actual camera body is to resisting wind, dirt, water, sand.

Back
Top Bottom