Review: ProXPN / VPN Software ..

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
ProXPN is a Software Application for use with a Virtual Private Network available at ProXPN.com and IMHO is pretty impressive.

The Software it self uses a 512Bit Tunneling encryption and a 2048 End Point Encryption making it very secure. Another good point to make is the 14 Day only Log keeping of the traffic ie; IP Addresses you visit.

The software is available free with a sign up of their services giving you r Email address. If you want to keep you genuine E Male secure and not give out the address you could simply sign up with a bump address after setting up a proxy threw you browser such as FF. That recommendation being for the topic in question as this review is centered around Privacy of a VPN.

The service only has one thing IMO annoying which is the advertisements you will get to sign up for a paid service.

ProXPN uses a Limited Bandwidth for a Free Account and thus a Unlimited Bandwidth for a Paid Account. As well as that the service offers an all ports service for Premium Accounts for you IM, Networking and any web based services you need if you pay the subscription fee.

With an anonymous IP location which it changes at the terminal in question by the software available for download after sign up you also have unlimited data transfer and connection time available on a free account.

With a Paid account you can use the Mobile features available to you for your Android Device as of posting this 4.0 upwards.

I enjoy the service my self as it provides what I need and more from just a free account as I don't have a Smart Phone but use a Windows OS as my main System.

Hear is an Extract from Wiki..

A virtual private network (VPN) extends a private network across a public network, such as the Internet. It enables a computer or network-enabled device to send and receive data across shared or public networks as if it were directly connected to the private network, while benefiting from the functionality, security and management policies of the public network. A VPN is created by establishing a virtual point-to-point connection through the use of dedicated connections, virtual tunneling protocols, or traffic encryption.

^^ with a 2048 Bit End Point Encryption you are pretty safe.

If you need more advice on Security and locking down you terminal see the Windows Thread under the Software section as a thread posted by me being "Strong Security for the Paranoid. Some things I have Picked upon."

I'm going to give ProXPN a 8 \ 10 and knock it down 2 simply because the adverts are annoying and if you on a tight budget or flat *** broke then its an 8 ..

I prefer PrivateInternetAccess personally - no logs are kept at all :).

Carnage I could of sat hear as I'm doing now and talked about a VPN service over pages and pages. You or the user really has to look in to the whole concept of it but as a starting point for new members and not so tech savvy hence why I reefer them to the Thread in the Windows Section.

With a VPN your pretty safe if you use the software right. Using a VPN with something like TOR will be more than enuf. Considering you have the Internet speed as provided by the company who gives you your Internet usage or ISP.

Being the IP address as its changed at the terminal your using, threw local input files held on the hard drive with ProXPN you have a good range of locations available for premium rate access at a few dollars a month. Something 6 too 7 ..

The Onion Router, or TOR isn't 100% safe as its been cracked as far as I'm aware the routing of the information and the End point servers but it will make it increasingly difficult for anyone trying to listen in on traffic.

Hence why Vera Crypt is essential.

One thing to consider with VPNs is where the company is located. If it's in the US then it can be secretly made subject to a National Security Letter, and suddenly they're forced to give the NSA a copy of all of your traffic. Host countries such as the Netherlands are more trustworthy.

One thing to consider with VPNs is where the company is located. If it's in the US then it can be secretly made subject to a National Security Letter, and suddenly they're forced to give the NSA a copy of all of your traffic. Host countries such as the Netherlands are more trustworthy.

I know their is a lot of controversy around company's based in the US and the UK when it comes to Law Enforcement such as True Crypt if you can remember when it was said they were apparently asked to put a back door in the Software.

I know other sites I visit that are based in the likes of the Netherlands and Europe don't have as much B\S surrounding them such as legal red tape as for example hear in the UK or US.

Also Spud, might be best when writing reviews to write professionally. No abbreviations and shortenings, also watch out for spelling mistakes such as hear instead of here. :)

Back
Top Bottom