Looking for ideas. Something simple for a DIY Project ..

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
being at home a lot of the time I'm curious to know if anyone can provide any feedback for a DIY Project I could peruse on my own. I have an endless amount despite getting rid of a lot of stuff; of hardware.

I was curious if their was anyone I could do and get feedback on it. Something simple. DIY. I was thinking since I live in my own property and answer to no one. What would you do if you could have space or time to your self. Is their any thing I can do with this hardware I've got. Or just bin it. Boredom really gets me and I'm fed up sitting doing sweet **** all.

What would you do if you had a place to your self. Disposable income, single, no one to answer to and a love of tech.

I need ideas ..

Build a laminar water jet! Super fun and pretty easy :D
Basically just some pipe, straws and sponges - Laminar Flow Water Jet for Under $25.
9587laminarjets.jpg

They look awesome, and as an added bonus you can try a modification when done by adding an LED or two inside the jet so you get something
maxresdefault.jpg

Since I do not know what you have as far as hardware, and I do know you have a lot of time on your hands. I think something fun along with profitable you would enjoy.
Try looking in to creating your own Bitcoin miner.
If you have any decent hardware firewalls that have upgradeable processor and ram, I bet you can make a stack of bit farms. It would definitely be worth the time once you finish.

One project I like doing involves old laptops, take them flip screen and create a home network for media centers and have them display around the house, you can go as far as playing media in the home movies music etc. And if you incorporate MVC (Mega Voice Command ) well then you could have a voice actuated home, using the laptops as Controll boards along with media displays, and have a cool interface. The best would be touch screen, or use desktop remote app on phone

I am a newbie and this is my first post:
I am working on Broadband Powerline project in a very rural area. If anyone is interested I will post more.

Well, you could get into Crytocurrency, but many people are losing their pants there. LOL. Have you ever played with elastic search? You could set up your own logging system and if you don't already have one, you could set up an opensource firewall like pfsense to send logs to the elastic search server. That is the kind of crap I do when I have spare time and hardware.

Back
Top Bottom