Logitech mice - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > Projects and Tutorials
Click Here to Login

Old 02-27-2014, 01:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Default Logitech mice

Way back in Dec of 2012 I ordered a G500 gaming mouse to replace my beloved G5 which is still limping along after a good cleaning after spilling some baileys irish cream on it (OOPS) Well anyhow I got the G500 and loved the mouse but recently it started double clicking every time I used the left mouse button which made moving an icon a nightmare and stated looking at new mice, BUT before I did I noticed they have a 3 yr warrentee so I figured I would give them a call and I'm glad I did, Tech had me do a few tests with it then un plug it and hold down all the buttons to release and static charge that may still be in it and after that it still had the same issue so he told me I will receive a email and all I have to do is send my address and a copy of the receipt and there sending me the new version of the mouse, Total of 10 minutes of time and no hassle to have them back there products. So a free upgrade on top of replacing my mouse. Higher DPI and made for widows 8 Just wanted to say how well Logitech treats there customers.

Dauntae

Antec 200 - I7-920 - ASUS P6T - Corsair TX650 it's old but still kicking like a mule
2-EVGA GTX 470 in SLI- ocz vertex 3 SSD 128 gig
Seagate Barracuda 1-TB - OCZ DDR3-1600 12 gigs 3x2
Keeps Me Happy :lol:

If I've been helpful, Please rep me
Dauntae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Default Re: Logitech mice

I always use and recommend Logitech mouses (mice)? never had any problems with them....but did you tell their support that you spill't some Baileys on it? Honestly I could see myself doing something like that too. I think it's illegal to spill Bailey's in some countries...... but we only drink Bailey's at Christmas time as a special occasion.

Joe C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Build Guru

You'll find it's an issue with all the newer Logitech mice due to their software and cheap switches. I've had this issue on 2 G700s now. So give it 6 months to another year and you'll be back at it again.

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Techie

Their customer support has always been great in my experience. Actually I just RMA'd a pair of G35's and they paid for shipping both ways, hassle free and in a relatively short length of time to be completely honest.

However, I've had this new pair for a few months now and one of the cups are beginning to fall off again. Sigh.

New build as of 3/5/2014
--------------------------
Intel Core i7-4930K Ivy Bridge-E 3.4GHz
EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Corsair h100i Liquid CPU Cooler
G.SKILL RipJaws 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1600
ASUS Sabertooth X79 LGA 2011
Corsair 540 Case
Corsair AX850 Professional Series Modular PSU
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit for System Builders

<---- If you feel sorry for me, or either I helped you - throw me some rep :D
Pyrothrillah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Build Guru

Yea their CS is pretty good until you start giving them legit suggestions because their software sucks hard.

One time I sold a PC and left my G700 dongle in a port. They sent me a new one free no questions asked.

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 02-28-2014, 05:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe C View Post
I always use and recommend Logitech mouses (mice)? never had any problems with them....but did you tell their support that you spill't some Baileys on it? Honestly I could see myself doing something like that too. I think it's illegal to spill Bailey's in some countries...... but we only drink Bailey's at Christmas time as a special occasion.
Well I didn't RNA the G5 that got the baileys lol and I DID get the G500 in dec so it's kind of a Christmas thing for me too lol, just hope this new one lasts, as for there software, the newer stuff seems a LOT better than the older stuff, the programs for the G5 was horrible but the G500 was nice, One program covered all the Logitech stuff and was easy to use, I have a G510 (I think) keyboard, A G13 gaming pad and the mouse and each has a tab in the program so open one program and can adjust any of the Logitech items.

Dauntae

Antec 200 - I7-920 - ASUS P6T - Corsair TX650 it's old but still kicking like a mule
2-EVGA GTX 470 in SLI- ocz vertex 3 SSD 128 gig
Seagate Barracuda 1-TB - OCZ DDR3-1600 12 gigs 3x2
Keeps Me Happy :lol:

If I've been helpful, Please rep me
Dauntae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

I'm not a gamer so I never have used any of the Logitech software. I see a lot of software from manufacture's that just outright sux, Gigabyte and MSI software come to mind. I just plug in the mouse and go with windows native driver
Joe C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
Build Guru

Well the software isn't required for these mice to work, but in my case I need it for my headset. You don't need the software for their keyboards either unless you want to program macros or change the light color on certain keyboards.

Since I'm forced to use the software I have programed 2 profiles for my mouse which I use on the reg.

The real problem here is the left and right buttons are actually just very cheap. They should have used more robust buttons on these expensive gaming mice.

Access to my Plex PM me.