Jeep theme

TheDrunk

In Runtime
Over the next year or two as money comes in for this project I will be working on my 1989 Jeep cherokee lorado. I am torn between two ideas.
1) Iron man Jeep
2) Zombie Responce Vechile

I havent decided yet before I can do any seriour mods I need ot rebuild the engine. going to take the straight 6 and turn it in to a stroker.

Till I can afford the 3K Rebuild I am working on other stuff.

1st, in line is Hooking up a blue tooth reciver to my vechile.

I shall put together a DIY later.

Please help me decide on a theme

I like the Iron Man idea but it sounds expensive. My vote is with the Zombie one, you can armour it till you're heart is content and make it look scary too.

Great project idea.

Yeah, Zombie theme sounds more aswome,
By the time I am finished I want to have a radar system on both. a computer interface ( will use Jarvis on both ideas the capibility of voice commands and responce, along with the voice notifications and readouts seem to cool to pass up. )

Is this going to be a show car or an on the street one? Reason I ask is radar could be misconstrued by the police and military. If you're thinking of using some thing like a ship board radar system, you're going to have to get a FCC license just to operate it.
LIDAR on the other hand is laser based and a lot more accurate for judging distance. The cost isn't too bad and it's off the shelf hardware that doesn't require a FCC license to own and operate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lidar

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/13680

You could scan for a target then paint it in higher resolution than navigational radar. You'd need a high end Arduino to control and decipher the data in to some thing useful.

If you can get the pentastar v6 engine, it produces about 300 hp (stock) and gets good mileage too, I think it'll fit in a jeep, both are made by Chrysler and I think the new jeeps already have them

Is this going to be a show car or an on the street one? Reason I ask is radar could be misconstrued by the police and military. If you're thinking of using some thing like a ship board radar system, you're going to have to get a FCC license just to operate it.
LIDAR on the other hand is laser based and a lot more accurate for judging distance. The cost isn't too bad and it's off the shelf hardware that doesn't require a FCC license to own and operate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lidar

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/13680

You could scan for a target then paint it in higher resolution than navigational radar. You'd need a high end Arduino to control and decipher the data in to some thing useful.

Thankyou, I will look in to this, and if I do a shipboard type radar system I shall optain the license, along with ham. that shouldnt be a problem. yet the lidar looks fun, I wonder if it can give a 360, vs having to Paint a target.

If you can get the pentastar v6 engine, it produces about 300 hp (stock) and gets good mileage too, I think it'll fit in a jeep, both are made by Chrysler and I think the new jeeps already have them

My jeep is a 1989 Jeep.

I will look in to the engine, it sounds like the pentastar is a Stroker based on the HP it provides.
I have also thought about putting a 390 under the hood, yet I think I will through my transfer case. so engine is up in the air except for master rebuild. but if i can find a pentstar for around same as a master rebuild will cost me then I might go for it.

Unless you could come up with a slip ring for the contacts, spinning a LIDAR 360 is just going to wind up the wiring. A slip ring can be make in the same manner you make a printed circuit board. Draw out the rings with traces going to a through hole point. That's where the controller's going to connect. On the LIDAR housing you fashion a set of fingers to slide along the rings. The LIDAR wires connect to the fingers. Through the middle of the rings ending in the bottom of the LIDAR housing, you have a thin metal shaft that connects to a servo motor. Using a servo with feedback, you know what direction the LIDAR is pointed in.

Should be fun to make. I don't have a shop any more to do that or I'd offer to fab it up.

Thankyou,

I am just rebuilding my shop. reason why this build will take about three years to finish....
I think the LIDAR will work, and it will give me directional ability if needed.
I plan on taking this Jeep in to the woods would be fun to run it with out lights.

Will photo bucket work to host the pictures?

Back
Top Bottom