Diy monitor

DrunkProgrammer

Beta member
Hello guys, I am new to your web site... I am not sure if that is the right place to ask this question BUT if it is not you can move the post or tell me to do so... Anyway, I have seen a lot of tutorials out there about how to take out a laptop screen put it into a lcd controller and BOOM a second monitor... My question is I have a screen from a smartphone this screen is big enough to be used as a monitor for my old PS2 so that I can make it portable.The Phone model number is mini SM-N900. I can find nothing useful when I am searching on my own... It has some numbers back from the screen BL-JC4635005V0-A0, XGH46007A it has a date as well 2014.03.07... Thanks for your time! ;)

Have you got the screen actually separated from the rest of the device without damaging it? Cause I'm thinking that's actually gonna be pretty difficult lol, see if you can do that before trying to get any further.

Yeap, I have removed it without damaging it! It is not hard if you have experience as I do... Anyway my experience is not the reason i came to this forum! The screen has a "tape" that has 20 pins... It is a small "tape". I probably could remove from the board the connector and create my own controller BUT it would be a pain... I prefer buying a new one with 50 euros and not have headaches rather that creating my own... So, any idea?

Back
Top Bottom