Diy monitor - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > Projects and Tutorials
Old 06-18-2016, 08:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Diy monitor

Hello guys, I am new to your web site... I am not sure if that is the right place to ask this question BUT if it is not you can move the post or tell me to do so... Anyway, I have seen a lot of tutorials out there about how to take out a laptop screen put it into a lcd controller and BOOM a second monitor... My question is I have a screen from a smartphone this screen is big enough to be used as a monitor for my old PS2 so that I can make it portable.The Phone model number is mini SM-N900. I can find nothing useful when I am searching on my own... It has some numbers back from the screen BL-JC4635005V0-A0, XGH46007A it has a date as well 2014.03.07... Thanks for your time!

DrunkProgrammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 02:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie
Send a message via MSN to S0ULphIRE
Default Re: Diy monitor

Have you got the screen actually separated from the rest of the device without damaging it? Cause I'm thinking that's actually gonna be pretty difficult lol, see if you can do that before trying to get any further.

"As a result of all this hardship, dirt, thirst, and wombats, you would expect Australians to be a sour lot. Instead, they are genial, jolly, cheerful, and always willing to share a kind word with a stranger, unless they are an American." -- Douglas Adams
S0ULphIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 06:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: Diy monitor

Yeap, I have removed it without damaging it! It is not hard if you have experience as I do... Anyway my experience is not the reason i came to this forum! The screen has a "tape" that has 20 pins... It is a small "tape". I probably could remove from the board the connector and create my own controller BUT it would be a pain... I prefer buying a new one with 50 euros and not have headaches rather that creating my own... So, any idea?
DrunkProgrammer is offline   Reply With Quote

diy, monitor, screen